Numbers 31 : 40

Hello @SeanO ,

I have only recently asked you a question a few days ago regarding the book of Numbers , as you have said this can be a challenging book.

My question is about this verse

The persons were 16,000, of which the Lord 's tribute was 32 persons. And Moses gave the tribute, which was the contribution for the Lord , to Eleazar the priest, as the Lord commanded Moses.

Numbers 31:41 ESV

Is Moses giving the 32 people to the Lord? I don’t quite understand

Thank you again you have been a bless to my bible study !

Suren

1 Like

You’ll probably have to ping @SeanO like this so he gets a notification if he’s the one you’re asking the question to.

1 Like

Thanks Luna! :grinning:

2 Likes

@Suren_Petrosian Numbers 31 is about the destruction of Midian because they had plotted to seduce Israel away from worship of the true God (see Numbers 25). After the conquest, 32,000 young women were taken captive. Half the spoil went to the warriors and half to the regular Israelites back in the camp. Both the warriors and the Israelites tithed a portion of their spoil to service among the Levites. The 32 young women was the warrior’s tithe. I would assume they served in the Levite camp in some manner.

I suggest the following as additional resources for further study. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

This answer my question!

Thank you again @SeanO

Suren

1 Like