Olivia McKee

Hello!

I’m Olivia, and I’m from Bartlett, Tennessee.

I joined connect after discovering Ravi Zacharias on YouTube.

I am a Christian, but I have been living my life the wrong way for years. I am ashamed to say it took me until I was 28 to figure that out, but it’s better late than never.

I have been reading an easy-to-understand version of The Bible, called The Book, every night ever since my husband got it for me for Christmas. He knew I attempted to read the KJV but quickly became discouraged because my inability to understand it. This version of The Bible is the best Christmas gift I have ever received. Now, I can’t put it down! I don’t know as much as I’d like to know and should know about The Bible, so that’s why I have decided to start at Genesis and go from there. I am so excited about getting to know His Word, and I look forward to discuss topics and ask questions through my journey of reading The Bible!

11 Likes

Welcome Olivia, @OJMCKE I am delighted you found the Connect community, and I can feel the enthusiasm in your letter. :smiley:

I too watched Ravi on YouTube for years, and I am currently reading Genesis myself, so we have 2 things in common. :cherry_blossom:

Romans 8:1 states, “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.” I praise God you came to Him at 28 and are taking steps to know Him more deeply, He rejoices over you and loves you :heavy_heart_exclamation:

The Book, I believe, is the NLT version ~ New Living Translation, that is a more reader friendly version and what a precious gift given to you by your husband. :open_book:

I applaud :clap:t2: you for attempting the KJV version, but I wonder, what made you start reading that particular version?

Is that your baby girl in the picture? She looks precious.

Stay awhile and navigate your way through the site, use the search magnifying glass to find topics or questions that interest you, and if you need help with connect, do not hesitate to ask, we are here for you. :tulip:

4 Likes

Hello Olivia and thanks for your intro. It is refreshing to lay hold of truth and life through His word. I have read three versions but questions remain. Am so blessed I found a place to ask them with people who care.
Enjoy all that is available here
Mike

6 Likes

Thank you! Yes, the NLT version is much easier to understand. I’m so glad I have it! I initially tried to read the KJV because this is the version I was told was “more accurate.” My husband could tell I was heartbroken as I was struggling to understand it, so that’s why he decided to buy The Book for me. I didn’t know easier versions even existed, but I am so grateful for it and for my husband! This is Piper and my husband, Chad, pictured with me! Thanks for the warm welcome!

4 Likes

Hi! I have questions almost every day, as I am reading His Word. I’m so glad to have discovered this connect group to share them with! Thank you for the welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @OJMCKEE. So glad that you have chosen to become part of a growing Christian community dedicated to helping members connect, learn, and share encouragement, ideas, and responses to difficult questions. Be glad that you got back on track at 28. It took me a lot longer than that. God-bless you and your journey.

5 Likes

Welcome to Connect Olivia! Isn’t it wonderful when the story of the Bible is suddenly very clear? I recently began listening to large portions of scripture using a more modern version and it has been so refreshing. It is so much different than reading just one chapter at a time. I grew up in a KJV only church and while I understand it I feel like I am still more comfortable with a modern translation, especially when reading Paul’s writings. I am so happy for you and that you have such a husband to help you. I believe you will enjoy as well learning from the questions and discussions here on Connect. The different perspectives are so very interesting and there is so much we can learn from each other! :blush:

4 Likes

Hi! It is very refreshing and fulfilling! May I ask what you listen to? I was thinking it is a good idea to listen to it, as well, particularly while driving to and from work!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am so blessed and relieved to have found God, even at 28. I’m excited to learn and grow as a Christian with the help of connect!

2 Likes

Welcome to Connect @OJMCKEE! So happy to hear you so enthusiastic about your journey thought the Bible!

4 Likes

Sure Olivia! I just use a Bible app that I have on my iPhone. There are numerous translations and many have audio readings which are good. You can even download a version you like for when you can’t get a good signal. Driving is a great time to listen to the Bible! :smile:

4 Likes

Welcome!
Hi Olivia, I too am new here but so far this has been a very positive place. It looks like just about anything can be asked as long as it is done respectfully and honestly.
Be brave!
Enjoy!
:+1:

4 Likes

@OJMCKEE Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Hello @OJMCKEE! It such a pleasure to meet you, Olivia! :bouquet: I so enjoyed reading your story, as mine is much the same. I also met Christ between the pages of His Story :open_book: within my twenties. The only difference for me was that I was listening to The Bible audibly on CDs as I drove to and from work. :notes: :blue_car: Like you, it was also the greatest gift I could have ever received! We are so happy to have you here at Connect, please let me know how I can specially pray for you! :heartpulse: :pray:

3 Likes

Hi @OJMCKEE, what an inspiring introduction, I loved it, welcome :heart: I’ve not heard of “The Book” but it sounds like your husband scored some brownie points on that gift :wink: I love your enthusiasm and you have inspired me to dig in this morning​:pray:t3:
I really look forward to your interaction here.

3 Likes