Omniscience of Yahweh

Here is a question that I have already obtained the answer I believe is correct. However I am interested to know others thoughts so that I may learn from angles I have not considered.

Does the angelic world know that Yahweh is omniscient? Why you believe yes. Why you believe no.

4 Likes

Hi @Jester86,

I really appreciate you taking the time to ask this question and get me thinking!

I see that you mentioned:

In light of this, and so I can better understand you, could you share more about your answer and how you arrived at it?

1 Like

I would rather not say what I believe the answer is. I give you my word it is not a trick question. And I am not “fishing” as to draw anyone into a debate. It’s just that sometimes too many presuppositions may guide others responses. That is not my goal.

That being said it is curious to me, in considering all things, how others may see the choosing of the angelic worlds choices if they know that Yahweh is omniscient. One might think that if the angels knew Yahweh was all knowing they might not have made the choices they did. Make sense?

1 Like

Thank you for sharing these scriptures and your logic.

There is no question to me that they, like us, have free will. If that were not so Lucifer could not have sinned.

So, assuming the answer is yes the angelic world does know that God knows all things completely and effortlessly. What has, is and will happen, then why do/did the fallen angels, including Lucifer, choose/are choosing to continue if they already know they will not succeed in becoming like the most high? They would have to know they loose in the end. So why then would they continue?

1 Like

Since I deleted my post and messed up the thread, I will re-post my response, study more and get back with you on your next thought provoking question.
Here is my original response:

I think we can get a hint from the book of Job:38:4-7 that they did/do have knowledge

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[[a] shouted for joy?

Also Nehemiah 9:6

6 You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

And I believe it hints here in Isaiah 14:13-14 of the Lucifers knowledge

You said in your heart,
“I will ascend to the heavens;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.
14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.”

These scriptures make me lean more towards yes, they do have knowledge. I also believe they have free will.

Jude 1:6

And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

My initial thoughts are (and they are just thoughts)
When your goal is to “take over” power (to be like the Most High) even when you know you have lost, in your pride, you will deceive and take as many as you can take down with you.
You will become an egomaniac and you won’t care about anyone but yourself. You will lie, you will cheat, you will kill and destroy anyone or anything (within your ability) that gets in your way. And I suppose you will do this until the day you cannot do it anymore.
And what better way could you pierce the heart of your Creator more than to get to what He cherishes most? His children.
I am completely humbled. I am in tears at the depth of God’s love for us. Who am I that You are so mindful of me???
Wow, thank you for making me study and reflect…

2 Likes

Those thoughts are valid. And it may just be that simple (simple is not the best word but for lack there of). Thank you.

1 Like

I’m good with simple :slightly_smiling_face: It actually took me to a place of worship which was unexpected but sorely needed :pray:

1 Like