On the existence of Jesus Christ of the Nazareth of our christian/christians Bible

Sir,

Skeptic Robert McNair Price and others says/said that a historical figure Jesus Christ of the Nazareth of our christian/christians Bible did not exist. Is there any historical evidences to skeptic Robert McNair Price and others skeptics claim/ claims/claimed that a historical figure Jesus Christ of the Nazareth of our christian/christians Bible did not exist? My question is: Did a historical figure Jesus Christ of the Nazareth of our christian/christians Bible existed 100 percent ? Was Jesus Christ of the Nazareth of our christian/christians Bible a real person 100 percent? Can you please give me the evidences?

I hope you understand my questions.

Thank you.

1 Like

A first century non-Christian historian by the name of Flavius Josephus wrote about Jesus of Nazareth in his works called Jewish Antiquities.

I quote: Testimonium Flavianum": Antiquities 18.3.3.

At this time there appeared Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one should call him a man. For he was a doer of startling deeds, a teacher of the people who receive the truth with pleasure. And he gained a following both among many Jews and among many of Greek origin. He was the Messiah. And when Pilate, because of an accusation made by the leading men among us, condemned him to the cross, those who had loved him previously did not cease to do so. For he appeared to them on the third day, living again, just as the divine prophets had spoken of these and countless other wondrous things about him. And up until this very day the tribe of Christians, named after him, has not died out.

Sources
http://www.livius.org
Josephus’Jewish Antiquities

The fact that Josephus wasn’t a follower of Jesus of Nazareth and as a trusted historian wrote about Jesus’ crucifixion testifies to the historical existence of Jesus Christ.

Source:
Biblical Archaeology Review 40:2, March/April 2014

Archaeology Confirms 50 Real People in the Bible

By Lawrence Mykytiuk

Another source:

The first non-Christian reference to Nazareth is an inscription on a marble fragment from a synagoguefound in Caesarea Maritima in 1962.[29]

I have personally been to modern Israel and seen for myself the birthplace of Jesus Christ,
Bethlehem, the town of Nazareth, Caesarea, Capernum ( Jesus’ home town).
You can visit archaeological museums such as Bible lands museum etc and follow the evidence where it leads.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

@Tom1 While we have lots of outside evidence that Jesus existed don’t allow anyone to say the Bible itself isn’t evidence of Jesus existing. The bible is a trustworthy source of history. Even if an individual doesn’t believe Jesus is God the bible is still proven to be accurate in the places and people that it mentions as @Mui_Ling_Lim has shown.

Here are some articles and books that give more resources.

John McRay “Archaeology and the New Testament”

Blomberg, Craig. The Historical Reliability of the Gospels. Downers Grove, Ill.: Inter-Varsity Press, 2007. (B)

Bruce M. Metzger, Bart D. Ehrman “The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration”. Fourth Edition

God Bless :slight_smile:

2 Likes