Partnering with your church in evangelism

(Carson Weitnauer) #1

Hi friends,

Many of you have been praying for me and the Ask Your Question class at Fellowship Bible Church in Roswell, GA. Thank you!

I wanted to share an encouraging update; this past Sunday our senior pastor, Dr. Crawford Loritts, did an interview about the class during our services:

I would love to encourage and see many similar classes to Ask Your Question get started and grow in churches around the world!

Can you share some insights for a talk on the theme of "Apologetics and the Church"?
(Lori Sevedge) #2

I’m new here so had not formally heard of this ministry. Thanks for sharing what you are doing. I love that idea and will be praying for you. I am going to present this idea to our church as well. What a great way to reach out and share the truth of the gospel!

(Melvin Greene) #3

That was a great video, @CarsonWeitnauer. I love the idea of “Ask Your Question” class. I would like to see that at our church, too.

(Larenn) #4

I love programs like this. Our church has Starting Point (its an andy stanley sermon based discussion essentially). Its an 8 week discussion group where you can come and ask any and all questions. The sermons are great, and its a great way to start getting involved in the church community.

(Carson Weitnauer) #5

Hi @Lori, @Melvin_Greene, @Ren, I appreciate the encouragement. And I’m glad this video was encouraging to you!

It is a very simple idea:

1. Invite people’s questions about Christianity
  2. Research these questions, write talks, and share them in the class
  3. Build a team that humbly works together to build a community: logistics, name tags, community events, outreach, etc.

The main reason it is difficult is that it requires hours of work on an ongoing basis! You need to build trust with the pastors of the church, spend significant time reading and thinking about the tough questions that come in, spend time at coffee or meals with those who visit the class and want to investigate the gospel, and do all of this with respect and value to each questioner in the weekly meetings. I would say that it is essential to have a team that works together so the load can be shared from week to week and month to month.

(Melvin Greene) #6

Yeah, that does sound daunting, Carson. Especially working 40+ hours a week. I will pray about it. If the Lord wants me to do it, I’ll find the time!

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #7

Just watched the video @CarsonWeitnauer. I’m happy to see the developments in your ministry. I do pray that this will continue and that the Lord will be able to use it to equip His people where you are. :slight_smile: