Peace Treaty

When I watch the news I am shocked, as it is what I have been learning for 30 years, as biblical end time events. Very exciting!
But I am confused with mature Christians who are happy about the peace treaty that is happening with Israel and two other Middle East nations- (possibly nine more Nations that would be “a covenant with many” from Daniel 9:27).
It would seem many Christians think this is a time of peace for Israel?
Do they understand that this may be the covenant Daniel 9:27 talks about and that it will not really be for Israel’s peace?

Am I missing or misunderstanding something?

Also, is anyone other then me expecting the rapture soon mainly because of the setting of this peace treaty amid the world turmoil right now?

Waiting on Jesus and in love,
Susan

2 Likes

This is a really good question @Susan21. Sorry, I do no have any knowledge to contribute, but I eagerly anticipate contributors with more knowledge in this area than I.

1 Like

Well, I see what you mean. But then, Daniel 9:27 describes the antichrist as making a covenant with many. I don’t really think our current president who has been so instrumental in these treaties really qualifies as the antichrist (although I’m sure there are many who would disagree)! But II Thessalonians 2:1-3 indicates that he won’t be revealed until after the rapture. Besides, the antichrist will make treaties for a seven year period. None of the treaties being made now have such a deadline.

But the fact that such treaties are beginning to become a reality at all certainly could be a preview of what might happen right around the corner! Any day now - any hour!

5 Likes

James,
The season is looking clearer!

I forgot the covenant will be for seven years, I will study over those scriptures and I agree our president is standing against an evil opposition- what a time to watch what is happening and believe Gods Word!

I know too, we are to pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6).

But do you think Christians know prophecy? I feel like we should be saying, Hey! Look what He said is true!! WATCH, here it is, we can see it beginning, He’s coming soon…

And to see Israel in the center of the news signing a peace treaty- makes it hard to carry on in the same old routines:)

So Christians must proclaim the gospel to everyone every day and listen for His trumpet, right!!
1st Thessalonians 4:16

1 Like