Support RZIM Connect

People born in other religions/cultures are they responsible if they have a different upbringing and understanding of God?

I don’t know how to form this question but I have heard before by friends why God allows people to be born in remote places or in other cultures/religions if they are ultimately just going to perish because they do not know the true God. Now I know this is not the case for every individual as Ravi clearly by his testimony had converted, but does God revela himself to these people at least once?

4 Likes

Well, I live in Pakistan and most people here are Muslims. My ancestors were Muslims, but somewhere along the line became Christians. Let me tell you, anything that is not from God will have major issues and contradictions in regard to the text. I have studied Islam personally, and cannot line up with my conscience how it could allow for certain things such as rape, sex slaves, or mistreatment of women, so I know it is not from God. Even over here in the East, where leaving Islam is the difference between life and death, many people choose to give their lives to Christ. To quote Isaiah 61:8 “For I, the Lord, love justice”.

I would suggest watching the conversion story of Mohamad Faridi on his YT channel.

In summary, trust in God, His plan is perfect and He does not forget about these people. Of course, the decision to reject or embrace Jesus is still in the people’s hands, though.

5 Likes

One of our community members has said on more that one occasion that God is the ultimate missionary and has been at work since the beginning of creation wooing all men to him. God is just and righteous and he will judge accordingly. That judgment will be based on what he reveals of himself to each individual and how they respond to this ‘light’. In our case the Gospel in the case of Abraham his (God’s personal ) promise of faithfulness to Abraham and his descendants and to anyone outside of the reach of the church today the same applies. Note this not negate the need to preach the Gospel but it should ease the burden of knowing that there are people outside of your sphere of influence.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Perhaps this video from William Lane Craig’s ‘Reasonable Faith’ animated series might be of interest?

and this one is a little related as well.

if interested; here is the direct link to the series of videos put out by Reasonable Faith; https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3gdeV4Rk9EfL-NyraEGXXwSjDNeMaRoX

It is the responsibility of every individual to have a sincere desire for the truth. I’ve heard testimonies of people of various nationalities who set their hearts to seek truth as they asked God, with whom they were so unacquainted, to reveal Himself to them. Many stories go on to recount a missionary that arrived soon after for the exact purpose of sharing the love of Christ with the individual(s) who were searching for God.

Creation itself is proof of the Creator, so each person is without excuse regarding their PURSUIT of the Creator (see Romans 1:20 KJV). However, there is a majority of people who do not want the truth. God wants to make Himself known to those who diligently seek Him. It is our responsibility as Christians to proclaim His Word wherever we go. We must also be willing to follow his leading if He so chooses to send us to a foreign field of service; perhaps there are people who are truly searching for reality in a location miles away from any group of believers (see Romans 10:14-15 KJV). Let’s be faithful where we are, so that we could be trusted with such an endeavor!

2 Likes

Hi, @luke.shirley

Romans 1:19-20
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(God reveals Himself to man in many ways so much so that no one can have any acceptable excuse to defend his agnosticism or atheism)

Romans 1:21-22,25
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fool. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever.
(Man’s refusal to recognize God’s revelation of Himself leads man to degradation evident in many cultures in the form of apathy, idolatry, and/or debauchery.)

1 Like