People who are illuminated, yet fall away

Help me. I believe the scriptures cited below are for people who feed on the truth, but somehow they never take it in and become saved, regenerated, reconciled with Messiah Jesus and New Creatures. They hear, but never receive. Am I correct? I think apostates are almost saved, but never risk the step of free-falling with faith into the Arms of Jesus surrendering everything. They don’t get saved as a result. We think they are. They say they are, but something is missing.

God’s WORD that tells me I am saved by grace and get a new heart, the Mind of Christ, Word food, and Almighty God, the Holy Spirit inside me purifying my soul. 1 John 1:8-9. Ephesians 2:8. Romans 8. And John 10:28. No one can snatch us out of His hand. We are called to help each other, correct, exhort, and allow the Holy Spirit to purify a sister and brother.

■ 2 Referenced Bible Chapter and Verses
:black_small_square:︎2 Peter 2:20 -21. For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21. For it would have been better for them to not have known the way of righteousness, then having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. NASB. Voice to text.

:black_small_square:︎Hebrew 10;26-30. 25. For.if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27. But a certain fearful expectation of judgment and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28. Anyone who has rejected Moses’s law dies without mercy on the testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses. 29. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of Grace? 30. For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay says the Lord.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” NASB Voice to Text.

■ In Summary: I have been a Jesus Believer before 4 yrs of age. There have been times when I veered off the path due ignorance, pain and hurts, compromises, not knowingly and sometimes daily in small ways. (I hope.) I was bombarded with false grace - You can do anything. And.have lived through abuse, workplace bullying not to diminish my witness, and learned the LORD’S training in sufferings. I never rejected the LORD. Read His Words. Prayed. I have seen God work through prayers of others, myself, and fellowship with authentic believers. I have seen God’s underserved mercy. God’s purifying work in me.

I have seen my entire family get saved. I have seen the Devil’s strongholds, philosophies, and work to make ourselves the final judge over ourselves. God has busted this time and time again. He is faithful. His words are true. He is not a liar. He is our Shepherd of our Souls with a Club for our adversaries and a guiding staff of Truth in his kind and capable hands.

But I have also seen people disappear in the distance. People I thought were… Tares in the LORD Jesus’s Organic Wheat. And some with shipwrecked lives. Or confining God’s reach to their Mental Box, suffering alone. I ask the LORD GOD to heal, deliver, and rescue His sheep. They know His voice. Feed them LORD. They need you.

Thanks for your and everyone’s thoughts.

2 Likes

Hey, brother! Thanks for your heartfelt post. You made my mind drift to Romans 1:18, “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their righteousness suppress the truth”. It isn’t that the truth of God is not able to be apprehended by men but that many don’t want His truth and instead hold that truth inside of their mind but apart from themselves, as they commit ongoing acts of unrighteousness. At most, it is peripheral knowledge that never becomes transformational truth in them. The best thing I know for them is prayer and scripture and relationship.

I pray the Lord and His passionate love for them will continue to be seen through you. Honor to you in the Lord!

1 Like

Amen. Thanks for the affirmative.