Personal Update

Hello Everyone,

I have been inactive for the past two months for two reasons. First, I take a long break from all social media sites. To find peace of mind with God and His words. There is a struggle to find my alignment with Him, but now I’m gladly to say that I gradually recovering. Second, I’m preparing for College, because of Covid-19 students like me in the Philippines are mandated to conduct our classes through Online Meeting. To be honest, it is tough and more challenging than the usual educational set up we have here. But as we progress in a daily basis, I discipline and committed myself to be strong in the LORD for strength and comfort. There is still a battle with fear and uncertainty, but through God’s words I’m now more stable compare to the previous months.

By the time I’m writing this, I missed a lot of great conversations as I reviewed my notifications. How I wished I can contribute an answer to those great questions posted. I’m also happy for the new people who joined us here. If you are one of them, welcome once again in RZIM Connect.

I cannot promise and commit myself to be fully active again in this community, but I will do my best to visit here 2-3 times a week. Finding balance in my schedule between families, schools, ministry, friends, and other commitments. So, my apology for that. However, I’m gonna keep my Email Notifications to be active if ever there is a question or conversation that I could lend my help. It is a great privilege.

Thank you so much for reading this.
How are you guys? I hope you’re doing well and safe.
What are your questions? Is there something I could help you?

Best Regards,
Doms

13 Likes

Hi Dom! Thank you so much for being transparent with your life, we really appreciate it. It’s ok, we understand, life takes a toll sometimes and we’re just human.
Your health is more important, take care of yourself. 2-3times a weeks ia already a lot, so no pressure. We’ll be praying for you and waiting to have many more intriguing converations with you.

As for me I’ll be studying for exams as well so there are some weeks won’t be active, but I’ll do my best to come on at least once or twice a week.

God bless and all the best for your studies😊

9 Likes

Hello @Kiko

I really do appreciate it.
It means a lot to me, especially your prayers.
I’m so glad to be part of this community.

Thank you so much for your encouragement.

8 Likes

Hey Dom!
It’s great to hear from you again! Ditto to everything @Kiko said! :heartpulse:

Being a part of this community is an amazing opportunity not obligation and we definitely appreciate whatever contributions you’re able to do after the other roles and responsibilities are taken care of. I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts as they have been educational, insightful, and encouraging and will be looking forward to reading your future posts as you’re able to participate! :heart: It’s great seeing the doors of opportunity that the Lord opens up, but I’m totally with you in trying to figure out how to be most efficient with the time and resources God provides!! :blush: I will definitely be praying for you as you seek the Lord during this season! :pray:t3:Do let us know if we can pray for you with anything else in specific!

Study well!

Charity :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for this response, @CharityLinzey
I do really appreciate it. It means a lot to me.

4 Likes

Hi Doms @domingoosabel, it was great to read your update. Thank you for your heart to get involved here even when things are challenging for you.

I think you also bring a good reminder to all of us that it is easy for our focus on God to become unbalanced amidst all the demands of life, online and offline. You have modelled the right thing to do here, in stepping back and spending time with God. I pray that I can remember to do this more often too!

I think balancing our time online is a battle we all face. You mentioned the need to find peace of mind again. So that others might also benefit, would you be happy to share some of the warning signs that made you realise you needed to pull away from some online commitments so that you could focus on God?

6 Likes

Hello @artownsend

Thank you so much for your kind response. I do appreciate it.

There are three main signs I have realized to step away from online commitments and re-align myself to God:
1.) There are moments in my life where I spend more time in Social Media than my Quality time with the LORD
2.) I have been convicted that I do my online commitments just to portray a good image in the Internet. I forgot that it is not about me, but about God whom I’m representing
3.) I have realized that the applause and appreciation of people in the Internet have become my idol, so I decided to step back and repent and submit myself again to God

Thank you so much again for your concern.

5 Likes

ditto @artownsend here:

I think you also bring a good reminder to all of us that it is easy for our focus on God to become unbalanced amidst all the demands of life, online and offline.

Exactly!

This is really good as I know I need to do an often check myself in all those areas as well! Thanks so much for your openness and encouragement to keep priorities in place!!
I don’t say this to flatter unnecessarily, but in sincere gratitude.

6 Likes

Hi Doms, just now seeing your post. I too have been a bit busy visiting my son and his wife with with the rest of my family for several days. It is great to hear from you again and that you are doing well. We will be so glad to hear from you when you are able to check in on Connect. Take care and I hope you are able to study productively in spite of your college being online. Blessings to you brother! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind and caring response @gchop I appreciate it. It means a lot to me.

3 Likes