Peter Kennelly

Hello for a (right now rainy London (though it is not always like this!)

I have just finished the excellent core module and really enjoyed it.

I am 61, married to Alison and we have three children and (up until now) two grandchildren.

I am in the privileged position of being a full-time evangelist with a mission called OAC (Ministries). (The ‘OAC’ stands for Open Air Campaigners). We do exist in a number of countries but you may not have heard of us because, apart from the USA and Great Britain, where there is a good number of us, we just have one or two workers in each of our other countries.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is simply to introduce myself and say ‘hello’ to you all.

God bless you

Peter

10 Likes

Welcome to Connect @peter310

4 Likes

Hello, @peter310, and praise the Lord for your obedience to Him! Hopefully this online community will serve as an encouragement to you as you shine God’s light for others.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @peter310. So good to have you join connect. I have a good friend who is with open campaigners. He is a great apologist as well here in the East Lansing Michigan area. His name is Brian Harman. Your experiences and RZIM academy involvement suit you perfectly to be a blessing to so many here. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Hi @peter310, it’s wonderful to meet you. Thank you for the introduction and welcome :slightly_smiling_face: I hope to read more from you so we can glean from your insight :pray:t3:

3 Likes

God bless you, @peter310 and welcome to Connect! We’re glad that you’ve joined us here on this community. I’m just up the road from you in Oxford, but commute into the London School of Theology twice a week for my course. I love being so close to that magnificent city! By the phrase ‘Open Air’, do you mean that you proclaim the truth on the streets? What does evangelism look like in your context? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @peter310! Welcome to the RZIM Connect community! We are grateful that you are here and look forward to your contributions! Fantastic to hear you are a full-time evangelist! I am sure you have quite a bit of wisdom to share with us here.

3 Likes

Welcome Peter, it is really exciting having you here, there is a lot to learn from your experience in the ministry

2 Likes

Hi Kathleen

Thanks for your message.

I went to LST (when it was called LBC - London Bible College) in the 1980’s…I loved it.

Yep, the backbone of our work is evangelism in the streets. We do preach in what we home is a winsome way. Never with any amplification, indeed not even much of a raised voice, and always with a sketchboard on which we paint some words etc in order to try to attract and to hold the crowd. Our aim is to share the gospel and afterwards to talk with the people who stop and listen.

I first started doing this when I was at LBC.

God bless you

Peter

3 Likes

Welcome @peter310 and congratulations on finishing the Core module.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @peter310
I can feel your excitement about connect and the Academy here. It is great to meet you… Join the conversations as you explore the community. I can’t wait learning from you. Is the ministry you served in Nigeria? Haha :grinning: :grinning:
Congratulations

Love
From Nigeria.

1 Like

Hi John

Thank you for your message.

My ministry have mainly taken place in both the UK and France.

God bless you

Pete

1 Like

Hi Kel,

Thanks for your message.

I do not know Brian personally…but he must be a great guy if he is part of OAC(!)

God bless you

Peter

1 Like

Thank you

Peter

1 Like

Thank you Brian.

God bless you

Peter