Peter Tate

Christ is Risen. Following through with my Alumni subscription.

1 Like

Welcome aboard @tatepjjr. He is risen indeed. Welcome to connect. We are glad that you joined. I hope this day is special. Happy Easter. Would love to get a little bit of additional information from you so that we can connect a little bit easier. Where are you from? I presume that you have taken the core module? Congratulations if you have in finishing it. How did you like it? I hope you enjoyed the discussions and engage as you are able to. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like

Welcome Peter, thanks for joining and sharing with us as we stand rooted, grounded, in the Rock of ages. I trust you are well and safe in our covid ckimate? I am sure there are questions that remain or that even developed as you learned with RZIM. Feel free to post as there are no bad questions just ones that are not asked.
Mike

2 Likes

Kel and Mike: thank you both for your Easter greetings. Once I figure out how to get a picture up I will post it.

Currently, I live and work in Stuttgart, Germany for the US military. Retired military after 22 years of service in 2015. I have been able to continue my service as a civilian given my experience with NATO and our European Allies and partners. The added draw is that my wife is German and my daughter is a school aged student in the German school system.
Upfront, I am practicing Catholic and came into the Catholic Church at 41 in 2010. Personally, I have found a home there- as I am able to worship in “spirit and truth” via the sacraments and liturgy oriented towards an “Unwavering Christocentrism.” So, yes, Jesus is the Rock of Ages!

My RZIM Backstory:
I took the RZIM Core course back in 2014, but did not sign up for the Alumni Section. This past year I recalled some of RZIM courses and wanted to see the core module again. So, I went through the core course as a survey - as I have been busy with other Lenten Fellowships. I had my certificate hand, so I took the time (as we all have now) and was able to register this week.

I had followed RZIM for sometime since early 2000’s as I rediscovered my faith after a spiritually misspent period from about age 18-31 years. So, RZIM was instrumental in my faith formation in my 30s and still is to an extent.

I appreciate the RZIM approach. We live in a era of meaninglessness with regard to the human experience. All Christians need to provide a reason for our hope. If we do unto the Lord with a sincere heart - with the Heart of Jesus (as the Core Course reminded us)- it is great place to engage with others.

Happy Easter Season.

4 Likes

Welcome Peter! You are in for a treat!

Thank you for sharing. I hope you enjoyed the 2nd round of the Core. I am starting the Ethics course on 4/16. Really looking forward to it. So glad you came back as you truly are an alumni. I am sure your story has been impacted by what you have spent time doing in study with Rzim as well as other. You said we need to provide a reason for our hope – I so agree. This is a good space to do that. Would love to hear how that spirit/truth worship with Jesus as the Rock has impacted the way you view things today. God bless you – let the Lord keep you and your family safe during this uncertain times. I hope you get a chance to say hi to @iDan when the time is right.

1 Like

Thank you Peter, my first thought was the Peter from the Chronicles of Narnia. I try to associate names with things to remember them. So in my mind you are an overcomer which is evident based on your testimony. But not by might but by His Spirit. Look forward to sharing and gleaning together. Be safe
Mike

1 Like

Kel: Like Mary in John’s resurrection account (John 20), I cling to our Lord. He has given me great solace and comfort, a firm foundation…yet he needs us to “go and tell.”

It begins in my heart, my life and my home. All of which is a bit of challenge- especially in the home. Many debates around the kitchen table right now with my teenager. I am happy we can communicate and forgive- I understand and appreciate the hard questions; yet, it is indeed an uphill battle.

We are hardest on ourselves and the ones we are closest to. Patience and prayer is required in these personal challenges- we can ask Him to be close to us and the ones we love and whom we are anxious.

2 Likes

Hallo Peter, herzlich Willkommen bei Connect :slightly_smiling_face: Nice to meet someone from southern Germany. Thank you very much for your honest introduction. It is encouraging how you write about your faith journey and what experiences you had so far (also with RZIM). Liebe Grüße ins schöne Stuttgart :+1:

1 Like

iDan: GruB Gott aus Stuttgart (my wife is Bavarian). Thank you for the kind response. May I ask where you are located?

God calls ordinary persons to be disciples…hopefully through our lives we are able witness to our faith in Christ despite our flaws. Yet, these flaws keep us humble - and are reminders that we should rely on Him.

2 Likes

GrĂĽĂź Gott Peter (ich liebe diese BegrĂĽĂźung) :+1: Ich komme auch aus der Stuttgarter Gegend, daher mag ich Schwaben und Bayern sehr, mit all ihren Eigenheiten :smiley:

Yes, what an honor to be a servant of the Most High, and not only that, but even to be a child and heir and thus to have brothers and sisters all over the world, that is truly something extraordinary.

1 Like