Philippians 2:11-12

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Jennifer_Wilkinson @Keldon_Scott @joyce_yung @kelelek @David_Cieszynski @JasonWalker @Michele_Schuman @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta

Dear Precious Team
I am so grateful to have Jennifer now join our team. That makes for 8 of us who are actively memorizing Philippians 2. You don’t realize how incredibly grateful I am for each one of you. Not because this is my group as it’s not - rather it is our team. But what so encourages me is the fact that all of you are memorizing and incorporating scripture into your lives. It has changed me. His Word in my life helps me to discover how much my mind was filled with “nothingness” and to memorize takes effort but when it is acquired, it speaks loudly to me with words and concepts that are eternal.

I have gotten myself into trouble by sharing my views on such profound, rich verses that are so full of meaning that is radically different than much of scripture. Let it soak in and I feel that it manifests itself into some deep direction to our lives. I’m sorry if I overstepped my boundary by expressing some controversial statements. Having said that, I’d encourage each of you to let us know how God’s Word has spoken to you. It inspires us all to see how many aspects of our lives can be touched in such a variety of ways with just a few words. For some of us, it’ll invoke the response that we never saw it like that before and it helps us shape meaning into the verses. Other times, we won’t see it that way but we are glad that it is more than words but giving you direction as how you are to walk. I am so thankful for God’s Word and that we are all digesting it together.

OK, enough talk. Here are the rich verses for the week. One verse concludes a thought and the other verse begins a new subject but bases it on the words expressed earlier. So often we get that word “therefore” that tells us that because of what has been expressed, here is the result. Once again, the verbiage is especially profound. Enjoy! Here goes:

Philippians 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, (ESV)

Philippians 2:11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, (NIV)

Philippians 2:11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; (NKJV)

(joyce yung) #2

Thank you Tim.

I have gotten into a habit to look for your email on Saturday now. Thank you for taking time to write something encouraging to the group all the time.

God has just helped our neighborhood to fight off a mega gas station who wants to set up shop at the entrance of our dead end street. My tiny three person board was falling apart two weeks after that. This time, it wasn’t the bully who started the fight. Anyway, “humble “ in Philippians 2 lead me to apologize to both of them because after all, I am the president, it is under my watch. With my busy life, I kind of hoping/ wishing the disagreement will go away somehow. I then used Philippians 2:2-3 to thanks them for their service. The storm has defused for now. We will be having a causal meeting to talk it over the issue soon. Please pray for me, pray for us.

I love Philippians 2.

Have a blessed week.

Thanks

JY

(Jennifer Wilkinson) #3

Thanks for sharing this. I’m praying for you.

(joyce yung) #4

Thank you

JY

(Tim Ramey) #5

@joyce_yung
I will be in prayer for you, too, Joyce. Your remark really is an incentive to keep going. It doesn’t always matter what the outcome is, we just have to be faithful to know what we are suppose to do.

Thank you for listening to the Holy Spirit. Bless your dear heart Joyce!

(Tim Ramey) #6

@joyce_yung @Jennifer_Wilkinson @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Michele_Schuman @Keldon_Scott @kelelek @David_Cieszynski @JasonWalker

Joyce, I wanted to let you know that, not only are we praying for you, but I am so humbled by your courageous action. I think that it influenced me yesterday. I had to make a presentation during Sunday School regarding my month in the Philippines with the national church there. Later during the church service, I was convicted that I was too harsh in what I said regarding an individual at my presentation. When I was asked to pray for the Filipinos that I love dearly, I took the opportunity to repent about being too harsh on the non-Filipino that I had mentioned at the meeting. I was influenced by how you had humbled yourself in the sight of the Lord. These verses really apply to our everyday life!

Also, I wondered if any of you had thoughts regarding a verse that we are memorizing this week that tells us to “work out our salvation with fear and trembling.” Any thoughts?

(Tim Ramey) #7

@joyce_yung @Jennifer_Wilkinson @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Michele_Schuman @Keldon_Scott @kelelek @David_Cieszynski @JasonWalker

I wrote earlier today and I need to add a critical word in the verse that I misquoted that we are learning this week. I want to add the word “own” to the verse so that it should read, …work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." What are your thoughts on it?

Also, Kelly, please add Joyce to our tonight’s prayer list. Autumn & Lauren - I hope I meet them someday!

(joyce yung) #8

Thank you Tim.

The other board members is staying upset. I believe she didn’t know that she is transferring her upset on action that the city has taken to protect our community onto the HOA board. There is no perfect solution. I feel like I am walking on eggshells when I am around her. No sure how long I can stay humble before I sin. :hugs::hugs::hugs: thanks for praying.

JY