Philippians 2:17-18

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@kelelek @Michele_Schuman @David_Cieszynski @JasonWalker @joyce_yung @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Keldon_Scott @Jennifer_Wilkinson

Dear Friends in Jesus
I know that you are not memorizing for my sake, but I so appreciate having this fellowship. How is the memorizing going? I don’t know if you are all breezing right through it or if you are hurting. The discipline is good but if we are going to lose some of you, please let us all know so we can proceed with confidence - coming around each other. Thank you for the encouragement it is to my heart that you are doing this because I hear from so many that they have trouble reading the scriptures much less memorizing it.

Do any of you have comments on the thread that David and I had regarding verse14 with another brother? I so appreciate your feedback.

Before I post the new verses, I wanted to let you know how I was handcycling along and out of the blue, the end of verse 15 struck me. I knew it already but it was as if it was underscored that we are lights in this world - in this crooked and perverse world. The light shines more brightly the darker it gets. I don’t even know you but I guarantee that the Lord is using you so often without you even realizing it. You are lights and this dark world so needs Jesus in you. Enough pontificating and on to the verses.

Philippians 2:17 Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.
Philippians 2:18 Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me. (ESV)

Philippians 2:17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you.
Philippians 2:18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.(NIV)

Philippians 2:17 Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.
Philippians 2:18 For the same reason you also be glad and rejoice with me.(NKJV)

May the Holy Spirit not only give you His aid in memorizing these verses but His wisdom in correctly understanding them.