Philippians 2: 21-22

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Jennifer_Wilkinson @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Michele_Schuman @JasonWalker @joyce_yung @David_Cieszynski @kelelek @Keldon_Scott

Dear Feasters of God’s Word,
How is it going for everyone? I don’t hear a ripple so you must be all digesting it and ready for another two verses. Isn’t it interesting, after you get it down, you can see how Paul thought? It is a realization that it is the inspired Word of God and yet it has a human element regarding what Paul was thinking. I am getting so much out of this chapter. There is a degree of the Scriptures sitting inside and meaning more than can be expressed with words. I hope all of you (but Keldon, who I hope will hop on again for the next chapter) are finding the richness of this chapter. To learn it, one must go over it and over it and review it so there sure is opportunity for it to soak in.

This is a tremendous privilege to me that you allow me to join all of you. It means so much to me, as you can see. Thanks for the comments Jennifer and bring it on if any of you have other insights. Here are this week’s two verses:

Philippians 2:21 For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 2:22 But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. (NIV)

Philippians 2:21 For they all seek their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 2:22 But you know Timothy’s proven worth, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel.(ESV)

Philippians 2:21 For all seek their own, not the things which are of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 2:22 But you know his proven character, that as a son with his father he served with me in the gospel. (NKJV)

Jesus will equip you to learn because He wants us to have His Word near our hearts.