Philippians 2: 25-26

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Michele_Schuman @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @joyce_yung @David_Cieszynski @kelelek @Keldon_Scott @JasonWalker @Jennifer_Wilkinson

To the Saints with God’s Word in their hearts,

It’s time for another new memorization post. There are 3 of the current memorization team that we haven’t heard from yet. Could you let us know what you are thinking and how it has been going? I think we all would appreciate your feedback.

The verses this week are again, not ones that you’ll find on most refrigerators but the verses are so pertinent to us. Epaphroditus is a messenger from Philippi who has brought the gift that the church sent for Paul’s needs. He is not viewed as a “good guy” but a dear, precious brother and fellow servant. But what really speaks to me is that Epaphroditus was so ill, as the verse next week talks of, that he almost dies. However, rather being concerned about himself, he feels bad that the church was so worried about him. Again, talk about underscoring the verses throughout this chapter, here is a life where Jesus’ life is manifested through him. I am so very touched by his example. My attitude would probably be, “Hey guys - I almost died!” Wah, wah, wah - poor me…

No one is certain as to what Epaphroditus’ illness was but I tried to find out what it probably was and could not find anything. If anyone has some input regarding that, I’d sure like to hear from you. In fact, I would welcome your post even if it wasn’t about his illness.

We are near the finish line - just 2 more weeks after this. Here are this week’s verses:

Philippians 2:25 But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, co-worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs.
Philippians 2:26 For he longs for all of you and is distressed because you heard he was ill. (NIV)

Philippians 2:25 I have thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, and your messenger and minister to my need,
Philippians 2:26 for he has been longing for you all and has been distressed because you heard that he was ill. (ESV)

Philippians 2:25 Yet I considered it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier, but your messenger and the one who ministered to my need;
Philippians 2:26 since he was longing for you all, and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick. (NKJV)

May Jesus infuse these words with Life to each of us.