Philippians 3: 19-20

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Michele_Schuman @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Jennifer_Wilkinson @joyce_yung @JasonWalker @kelelek @Keldon_Scott @David_Cieszynski

Dear Memorizing Family,

It’s interesting if we could pull off videoing each other. Michele, thanks for your thoughts on it. Could you huddle with David and come up with a plan? Would you mind doing that, Michele? It sounds like some of your alternatives could be great options. But could you two decide and let us know? You know that you can message each other, don’t you? Thanks so much. I really would love to actually chat with all of you.

Thank you for your input on continuing to memorize. I’m not sure about you Jason or Aradhana but it sounds as if the rest of us will still be going forth together! I am so blessed that you want to forge ahead.

It’s good to toss chapters around before November 10th when we will be posting the last verse of Philippians. So far, it sounds as if Philippians 4 is the front runner. So those who have been mum, speak up now as it’d be nice to decide by next week. I was so encouraged to see that Michele has plans for the next 4 chapters after that! When she mentioned all of Colossians, does Philippians 1 look like a possibility so that we learn that whole book? Just a thought. I do like the idea of memorizing not only a whole chapter but the entire book. You really get contextualization with that.

On to today:

Philippians 3: 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.
Philippians 3: 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, (NIV)

Philippians 3: 19 Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things.
Philippians 3: 20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, (ESV)

Philippians 3: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.
Philippians 3: 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, (NKJV)

It’d be so nice to be able to talk together sometime and hear how it is going for each one of you.

(joyce yung) #2

Thank you

I have no preference

Looking forward to the chat.

JY

(Tim Ramey) #3

@Michele_Schuman @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Jennifer_Wilkinson @joyce_yung @JasonWalker @kelelek @Keldon_Scott @David_Cieszynski

Thanks for all who responded with their preferences for what to memorize next. Please keep in mind that the day of decision draweth nigh!

As I have reviewed Philippians 3, I really have appreciated the emphasis to hold true to what we have attained. I always stress growing in Jesus, which is good, but it is so imperative to hold onto what He has showed us or it slips away. Maybe we head off to apply the new light and begin to forgot what we already learned. What do you think?

(David Cieszynski) #4

Tim,

After further reflection I think Philippians 4 then chapter 1, then we will have covered the whole letter and as a group we will benefit.

(joyce yung) #5

Sounds good to me

Thanks

JY