Philippians 3&4

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Friends and Saints

The review chapters are any ones that you want to do but the focus for us is primarily Philippians 3&4. How is the reviewing going? Please utilize this time for, even if you aren’t going on to memorize new chapters, the chapters will slip between your fingers and you’ll have to start all over again if you don’t review them. Some of the chapters that I have down the best are the oldest ones because they have been reviewed the most but need it much less than the newer memorized chapters.

On January 25th we’ll begin memorizing the book of 1 John. Why not plan on starting and seeing how it goes? You’re not committed to doing all 5 chapters but there is quite the smorgasbord within them. Long ago I wish I had done this regularly but it is nice to have company. Could any of you comment if you plan on starting 1 John with me? It’d be nice to know if anyone will be joining me. We’ll be doing 2 verses/week.

These two review chapters are loaded with familiar verses as well as many thought provoking ones. It helps all of us to hear comments and questions. I’ve overused the saying but I feel that Scripture is God’s love letter to us. I’d be lost with out it.

What verses from these two chapters do you especially appreciate, have questions or comments on?

2 Likes

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Quite honestly, I am shocked that there has been no response or input regarding these two chapters. They contains many of the passages that I live by.

What a delight it was to be reviewing my memorization and this passage glared in my sight. Php 3:3 “For we are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit, and glory in Christ Jesus, and put no confidence in the flesh”. Biking along I chirped, “”…worship God in Spirit, glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh" - what was that? Put no confidence in the flesh! That’s why I am dying inside since I was paralyzed - I can’t help people move or help my wife with the dishes or helping my neighbor shovel or… I am used to putting my image, my confidence - in the flesh." How that has really been insightful for me.

Many of my memorized passages before memorizing a chapter came from these two chapters. Please dive into these chapters. They will speak to you. God’s Word is so rich but these two chapters are full of gold nuggets.

My initial remark is not because I’m disappointed in the lack of response to MY post. It my post but not my Word - it’s His and I so want us all to take in everything that He has for us. And furthermore, we learn so much from each other.