Philippians 3:7-8

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@kelelek @Keldon_Scott @joyce_yung @Jennifer_Wilkinson @David_Cieszynski @Michele_Schuman @JasonWalker @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta

It’s good to be back. Thanks for putting up with my partial post. I’m out of the hospital and I will update you as to my ordeal but do not want to take too much time from our memorization schedule. Briefly, I have felt terrible for weeks, especially since my colonoscopy. Because of various symptoms, I was told to go immediately to a medical facility 2 hours away from us. There they determined from a CT scan that I had a perforation in my colon. However, they said I didn’t look the part - I wasn’t sweating, nauseous and looked too good so instead of immediately going to surgery. they decided to use a conservative approach and see if they could heal the peroration via medications. It didn’t work. On Saturday, I went into surgery where they cut and sewed me up and since I am paralyzed and have no feeling from T-4 down, they took out my appendix as well. Though I did not eat for a week, literally not even able to drink water for many days, I’m bloated due to the fluids they dripped into me and my abdominal area is distended. I got out of the hospital a few days ago and am tired but feeling better as I think that the perforated area was allowing junk to poison my system. I want to thank you who wished me well. I really appreciated it. Sorry, this took longer than hoped for…

I was going to post last week’s verses as well but I didn’t see the need as you all have it down already. The verses this week are ones that should be posted over all of our houses. What profound words they are, especially coming from Paul who was a big wig but gave it all up and saw it as garbage compared to a relationship with Jesus. It puts our lives in perspective. I am so glad that I know Jesus and realize how this world offers us nothing. Here are the precious verses:

Philippians 3:7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
Philippians 3:8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ (NIV)

Philippians 3:7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
Philippians 3:8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ (ESV)

Philippians 3:7 Yet whatever gains I had, these I have come to regard as loss because of Christ.
Philippians 3:8 More than that, I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and I regard them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ (NRSV)

I missed you last Saturday and glad to be together again. May these verses bless your socks off!

(Kelly) #2

@Tim_Ramey

Hey! Glad to see you back. Sounds like you’ve been through quite a lot. Glad to hear you’re recovering. Prayers for a speedy recovery. :smile:

(Jimmy Sellers) #3

@Tim_Ramey:
My wife had a similar procedure a few years back. I will definitely be praying for you and your family as they care for you. Thanks for all you do here in the connect community. God Bless you.

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

Though I did not eat for a week, literally not even able to drink water for many days, I’m bloated due to the fluids they dripped into me and my abdominal area is distended. I got out of the hospital a few days ago and am tired but feeling better as I think that the perforated area was allowing junk to poison my system.

My goodness! Praying for you brother! May you have plenty of rest in this difficult time!!

(Jason Walker) #5

Good day @Tim_Ramey, thank you for being faithful and may you be covered JESUS’ comfort during this time. I pray for your health.

(joyce yung) #6

Tim

Glad that you are back. It sounds a big deal of what you are going thru. Will continue to pray for healing.

Thanks for posting the word.

JY

(Jennifer Wilkinson) #7

@Tim_Ramey, I’m praying for you!

(David Cieszynski) #8

@Tim_Ramey stay strong, remember resting is nothing to feel guilty about. Praying for you