Philippians 3

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Michele_Schuman @Jennifer_Wilkinson @joyce_yung @kelelek @Keldon_Scott @David_Cieszynski @JasonWalker @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta

Dear Gang
Here we go again! Philippians 3. As we begin, I just wanted ti remind you to keep reviewing the other chapters that you memorized. If you let them slip, they can be a lot of work to relearn. I can’t tell you how often I read a book and the memorized verses are all over the place. Also, as I revisit the old chapters, I keep seeing more light. How many times have I gone over those chapters, yet something new keeps popping out. I trust it has been a spiritually invigorating time for you as well.

We are just cracking the chapter open now but please add suggestion about what you would like to memorize next, if you are game to keep it up. The Lord has really sparked my walk with Him through Bible memorization. It’s an odd way to phrase it but I am so very proud of your diligence and determination.

Aradhana, do you want me to include you in these posts? I don’t want to bug you but I feel that you are one with us. Let me know what you are thinking. Along those lines, I did not include the NKJV because, I believe, Aradhana was the only one using it. Are there any other versions that you’d like me to post.?

Here are this week’s verses. They keep getting better in the weeks ahead.

Philippians 3:1 Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. .
Philippians 3:2 Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. (NIV)

Philippians 3:1 Finally, my brothers,rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you.
Philippians 3:2 Look out for the dogs, look out for the evildoers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh. (ESV)

Blessings upon you, my precious brothers and sisters!

(David Cieszynski) #2

Hi Tim,

I tend to use NSRV but don’t worry if it’s too much hassle.

(Tim Ramey) #3

@David_Cieszynski

Thanks David. It’s no problem. Here it is the Philippians 3 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV):

1 Finally, my brothers and sisters,rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is not troublesome to me, and for you it is a safeguard.

2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of those who mutilate the flesh!

(joyce yung) #4

Thank you

JY

(Tim Ramey) #5

@joyce_yung @David_Cieszynski @JasonWalker @kelelek @Keldon_Scott @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta @Jennifer_Wilkinson @Michele_Schuman

I memorized the first 2 verses of Philippians 3 and I asked the Lord, what can I get out of these verses? Of course, there’s much there but it seemed a bit dry to me. Then I saw"…rejoice in the Lord." I’ve read that often and in many places but I realized, do I really rejoice in the Lord? I’m a very thankful guy and in prayer, I praise Him, but I was convicted that I don’t usually rejoice in the Lord. What does that mean to you and do you find that you rejoice in the Lord? And another verse says “rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS!”

Joyce, I rejoiced in hearing from you!

(David Cieszynski) #6

Evening All,

I know this a Bible memory group but with me and my short term memory issues which now appears to have been passed down to my 10yr old son, I’ve decided to buy a commentary on Philippians to study the verses in question.

I find it interesting that Paul has to some degree had to repeat himself from Galatians in that as they / we are born again in Christ that we don’t need to be circumcised and are not to be fooled into being conformed to current day ‘traditions / religions’.

Just a thought.