Philippians 4:11-12

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Fellow Believers,

I can’t tell you what it means to me when you post an observation or question or how the Lord is speaking to you through the passages. Why do I love the posts so much? They always give me a perspective on something that I didn’t see or appreciate before you wrote. For example, read Joyce’s comment on imitating Paul. Sometimes I see that as almost an arrogant statement. How would you like me to mention in my post that you should all be like me? Hey, if I do something, then you should too! But Joyce’s application was so insightful. Then Chandra, your post was devotional to me. You are so transparent and honest with Jesus. It was so moving - you should write devotionals! And David, I’m so blessed that the verses are on your heart. You have been facing major hurdles and I’m so grateful that the Lord has used His Word in your life.I so appreciate how you have run the race with perseverance - looking to Jesus.

Sorry that you got my take on things but please, write what you are thinking. It’s good for all of us.

It is interesting that this chapter has so very many well-known verses but what has grabbed me are the verses in-between. As I had said about the importance of Euodia and Syntyche agreeing in the Lord, not on some of their lesser opinions and how the church so needs to hear Paul, so I was taken on how Paul talks about his appreciation of the Philippians concern for him. I feel that what he was saying that the concern was always there but they had no opportunity to implement it so he wasn’t aware that they ever thought of him. It reminded me that I need to take time for those that I am concerned for and be open to the Lord’s leading as how I make them aware that I am there for them. The scriptures seem like that are very practical in so many ways.

Chandra has put in a bid for memorizing John 15 after we complete Philippians 4. What do the rest of you think or what would you choose?

Once again, I would like to know how all of you are handling this chapter. Are all of us memorizing it or are some of you just reflecting on it? I am not trying to be Paul saying imitate me, but I cannot adequately convey how the Lord has used memorizing the whole chapter in my life. Sometimes it is long after we posted the verses that Jesus touches me using His Word. Memorizing chapters has revolutionized my relationship with Him.

Seems like I write an epistle and not a post! Here the week’s verses:

Philippians 4:11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. (NIV)

Philippians 4:11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
Philippians 4:12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. (ESV)

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:
Philippians 4: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. (NKJV)

Great verses! Next week’s are short but powerful. Aren’t we fortunate to know Jesus? How did He do it? To take self-centered, strong-willed people who selfishly want everything for them and to turn them into people that love Jesus and want Him to be glorified is really a miracle. We have 20 people signed up - that’s 20 miracles!

(David Cieszynski) #2

Evening Tim, I’m up for John 15 or Collisions as a whole. Either I’m easy

(Tim Ramey) #3

@Bible_Memorization_Group

As I memorize the verses this week, I realize how I need to ask you to pray for me that those verses would become my way of life. I am so thankful about matters but realize I’m a far cry from being content in all matters. These verses really speak to my need to learning the secret.