Philippians 4:15-16

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Visiting our daughter out in California, I asked my 8 year old granddaughter about the Bible verses that she has in a ribbon across the bed that she was giving up for us. She said that she liked to post her favorite verses that she learned. I was so impressed and blessed and I let her know it. But scratching her head, she scowled as she lamented that she forgets them so fast. I encouraged to keep reciting the old ones while she learned new ones

It reminded me of us and the trying feat to not only memorize 2 verses/week but maintaining the ones that we learned weeks ago, I believe to keep up is so much easier than to just focus on the new verses and then let the others slide. My opinion maintains that we don’f have just so much space in our brains and when it fills up, it runs out. Rather, as scripture becomes second nature, it doesn’t take up brain space. I’m no expert but I believe what we are learning is life-changing and eternal.

I am heartened by the fact that having scripture become what we recite to ourselves anywhere on any day or night, means so much to 22 of us. How I yearn for a miraculous conference where we come together, meet each other and learn from each other what the verses have meant to us and how we have maintained them. You are precious brothers and sisters from all over the world. Let’s learn from each other, pray for one another and rejoice that we can do this together, It was not so long ago that such a fellowship was inconceivable,

I have grown to have a new found appreciation for the verses that we have before us this week as they illustrate the admonitions Paul wrote of throughout Philippians.

Philippians 4:15 Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only;
Philippians 4:16 for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need. (NIV)

Philippians 4:15 And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only.
Philippians 4:16 Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. (ESV)

Philippians 4:15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only.
Philippians 4:16 For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. (NKJV)

Rejoice and be thankful that we are dwelling on the Words of Life!

(Tim Ramey) #2

@CarsonWeitnauer @Bible_Memorization_Group
Hey Gang
I’m writing to all of you because, for some reason, this post is not appearing under the biblememorization tag. I wanted to make you all aware that it has been there since Saturday (my time) but when Joyce posted on last week’s as well as Kelly’s follow-up post, I wondered about it and it didn’t appear there. Carson, I probably did something wrong. Sorry…

Joyce you are really a nut! You have a real gift of a sense of humor. I love it. If all of you want to see that post, go under last week’s post and you’ll find her weight philosophy there. As you wished us all a happy new year I was reminded once again, how we are all new creations. Just think of that - new creations. The old has passed away, behold, the new has come! (Whenever there is a “behold” you have to know that is scriptural! It is from II Corinthians 5.)

Kelly, thanks for the scripture to music site. To everyone, she gave us that also under last week’s post.

Many of you joined after we had discussed a possible hangout video. I view it like a Skype en mass. Can we ever pull that off? I defer to David and Michele who seemed to be the masters on the subject. Wouldn’t that be great to have a discussion together? I’m weird but I really appreciate seeing someone’s picture or face as it so personalizes prayer for them. I can picture them literally which really helps.

I so appreciate the verses of the week. Paul doesn’t spiritualize his situation but is very practical. I sometimes think that spiritual issues are in the clouds where, in reality, they are as near as our next door neighbor.