Philippians 4:21-22

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear Worldwide Church

It is with sincere gratitude that I welcome Samuel to the memorization group. I’m sorry for not singling out some of you that hopped aboard as well but I am blessed to be part of a team that has the light of Jesus shining all around the world. Please, if you are unsure of what we do, go back to a post called “A Dare” where we began with Romans 8 memorizing 2 verses/week and we have continued on through Philippians 2, 3 and have nearly completed 4. In two weeks, we will head onto Colossians 1 and do the whole book together.

A map of where we all reside in the memorization group has begun but I need to pin where you live. So please reply with your name and city and state or country. To date, of the 33 signed on, I have located Chandra, Brittany, Lilibeth, David, Keldon, Jason, Jennifer, Lauri, Tony, Michele, Darlene and Theja. With myself, there are 13 of you pinned to the map. Please respond as seeing the globe with pins around the world is sure a blessing. So please let me know. Thanks.

The concluding verses may seem insignificant to you. It is interesting that the verses I least expect to get something from frequently zap me. I am so very grateful that, rather than cherry picking through Philippians, only memorizing the ones that I want, I have memorized the whole chapter. I can’t emphasize enough to memorize a whole chapter and then, review it so as not to lose it. I must also admit that I’ve gotten more out of the chapters while reviewing them than I did when I first memorized them.

Often, the Holy Spirit shows us something and it is significant to us - so much so that we think we should write a book because everyone needs to hear what we see. But the Lord is very personal and what works for one, may not be the ticket for another. Having said that, so as not to be misunderstood, memorizing chapters of scripture has revolutionized my life. Discipline is needed but grace trumps our efforts. Is this what the Lord maybe has in answer to what and how He wishes to speak to you?

I took the liberty to decide that I will conclude Philippians next week with just one verse. That way, we can catch our breath and get caught up before we jump into a new book.

We have never done so, but I will try to also add, next week, an introduction to Colossians. To have done that with Philippians would have been good and I almost added here, but thought that my epistle would become too long, as it probably already is! But I must encourage you to stay with God’s Word. It is the sword of the Spirit. It has strengthened my walk with Jesus. With all that the world is telling us in social media, I’m so grateful that we have the bedrock of His Word. It still amazes me how I can read a verse for the millionth time, and yet, fresh new life springs from it. I’m so humbled that I know Jesus and He has gifted us with the scriptures!

Here are the Words for the week:

Philippians 4:21 Greet all God’s people in Christ Jesus. The brothers and sisters who are with me send greetings
Philippians 4:22 All God’s people here send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar’s household. (NIV)

Philippians 4:21 Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me greet you
Philippians 4:22 All the saints greet you, especially those of Caesar’s household. (ESV)

Philippians 4:21 Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren who are with me greet you
Philippians 4:22 All the saints greet you, but especially those who are of Caesar’s household.

Again, I believe the Holy Spirit has something in these verses for us or they wouldn’t be there. I truly love you guys with the love of Jesus. Thanks for being my brothers and sisters! Remember to tell me your full name and where you live. I’d love to sew it up this week and just add to it as more join us.

(David Cieszynski) #2

Evening Tim,

I find it interesting when reading my commentary that Paul is telling the Philippians that they have ‘brothers & sisters’ in Caesar’s household who are now on their side. What an encouragement that would have been to know that there were / are people in high places looking out for them / us.

I’ve bought a commentary on Collossians :grin:

(Tim Ramey) #3

Great point David. I wondered why all the saints greeted them but ESPECIALLY the household of Caesar?

And are brethren Paul’s right hand workers whereas saints are the group as a whole?

Also, I had wanted to add this point to this morning’s post but didn’t due to length but I found it interesting that Paul writes in Php 4:19 “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” The Philippians had supplied Paul’s need but I feel that Paul is saying that they received the money for the gift from the Lord and also that “need” deals with more than material needs but emotional and spiritual as well.

(joyce yung) #4

Just in case you don’t know where I am from. I am from Atlanta Georgia US

Have a blessed week.

JY

(Tim Ramey) #5

Thanks Joyce, I knew you dealt with Cobb Co but I thought Atlanta was in Dekalb Co so thanks - I didn’t know. I pinned you on the map!

(Ogah) #6

@Tim_Ramey Thank you for the warm welcome, I am happy to be here and trying to join the moving train of scripture memorization. My name is Samuel Ogah, I reside in Gashua Nigeria but I am currently in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia for Postgraduate studies. Blessings!!

PS. I am still looking for the “A dare” page.

(Tim Ramey) #7

Dear Samuel

It's so great having you join us. I really have a heart for your country as I am really praying for the persecuted church and part of your nation is taking a hit. I'm so sorry...

Regarding "A Dare" - go to the menu and choose "Daily Evangelism" Then choose the search magnifying glass and put in A Dare and it comes up. Capitalize "A" and also "Dare". If you still have problems, let me know.

Thanks for letting me know where you are from. I'm going to pin you in 2 locations. I wish I could get the others to respond. Thanks and the Lord's highest to you brother!

(Tim Ramey) #9

@samuelogah44

I replied to your post via email and it turned out weird so I’m trying again. Sorry…

It’s so great having you join us. I really have a heart for your country as I am really praying for the persecuted church and part of your nation is taking a hit. I’m so sorry…

Regarding “A Dare” - go to the menu and choose “Daily Evangelism”. Then choose the search magnifying glass and put in A Dare and it comes up. Capitalize “A” and also “Dare”. If you still have problems, let me know.

Thanks for letting me know where you are from. I’m going to pin you in 2 locations. I wish I could get the others to respond. Thanks and the Lord’s highest to you brother!

(Tim Ramey) #10

Come on gang - I got Samuel’s and Joyce’s name and address and they are pinned on the map but I need you all. Maybe next week I’ll list the names that I still need. Also, someone out there who previously wrote to me gave e their residency but went to school somewhere else. Would you want to let me know where you are going to school and I’ll pin you there as well as I have Samuel in two places - home & school! He’s not omnipresent but the map has him taking a step in that direction!

Please let me hear from you. Is the memorization going well? This group gives me the feel of Paul greeting all of the saints.

(Christina lampidaki) #11

Christina Lampidaki: London UK

(Tim Ramey) #12

@Lampidaki1980
Yay Christina - thanks! We’re halfway there! Everyone else, please follow Christina’s example. Notice how concise she is!

(Brittany Bowman) #13

I’m from my family’s farm outside of Washington, D.C. (in Virginia). However, I go to school at Oklahoma State University :smiley:

(Tim Ramey) #14

Yes, you were the one who I did not post where you went to school. Thanks so much for your letting me know again!

I live in Minnesota but I was born in Alexandria VA - not too far from your home in DC I would guess.

(Tim Ramey) #15

I still have too many names left to map to address you by your @name so I will call you out by name. If I could get your full name and your address, I’d love it. Some of you reside at one address and go to school or in ministry elsewhere. I’d love to pin you down twice if that is the case. I’m not trying to scare you off, but if I received this info from you all, I can finish off the world and send to all of you. So I’ll call you and if you could answer by replying, I’d be so grateful. Andrea, Anita, Boitumelo, Benjamin, Casey, Daniel, Gabriela, Jason S, Kelly, Maggie, Michelle G, Rebekah, Steve, Rachel, Tim1, Tolu and Sujan. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

(Casey Moore) #16

Hiya Tim.
Casey Moore here from Norwalk, Connecticut :slight_smile:

(Tim Ramey) #17

Thank you Casey! We’re one step closer…

(joyce yung) #18

Sorry just saw this email. Atlanta GA is the easiest way to locate me. Of course, you won’t find me in the city of Atlanta physically but no one would say Kennesaw Cobb Atlanta Georgia. Just saying

(Tabitha Gallman) #19

Awesome @joyce_yung, I am close to Kennesaw (in Calhoun). I have a relative in Canton that I need to mention this site to her.

(Tabitha Gallman) #20

@Tim_Ramey - I’ve been wanting to join this group, but am afraid I’d not follow through with the memorization. I’ve been having a hard time remembering things in general lately. I keep thinking that If I’m ever in a nursing home and can’t remember my family, I would at least want to remember God’s word.

Do you have any techniques for memorizing scripture? I have thought about the post-it notes around my house with bible verses on them.

(Tim Ramey) #21

@tabby68 @joyce_yung

Dear Joyce and Tabitha

Joyce, the world map now has you in Kennesaw!! I’m so glad that you are here with us!

Tabitha, we would love to have you join us. Not to put a heavy on you but Tabitha, if I can learn Scripture, you can. It’s about establishing a routine where you develop a system that works for you. If you go to a post that I first started the memorization group that is called, “A Dare” is where I explain aspects and priciples about memorization. You may find it helpful. Just go to the search magnifying glass on this RZIM Connect site and type the name of the post that I gave you to access it. If you have any problems, let me know.

Tabitha, you can do it. No one will put any condemnation on you if you aren’t able to keep up but I have no doubt that you can if you put your mind to it. To sign in so that you get the posts, go to @Bible_Memorization_Group and sign in. You’ll automatically get our posts that are so addressed. When you do, would you mind letting me know the city state and country that you are from? I have a global map with everyone on it from the group who wants to be. I’ll tell you what to do later to access the map. It is really interesting!

Please consider joining us as it is a sweet fellowship where we are memorizing together. I’m getting too long so I’ll end there and we can take it further whenever you want to. But Tabitha, to have chapters of God’s Word in my heart has revolutionized my relationship with Jesus. You will never regret it as it has redeemed so much of my wasted time.