Philippians 4

biblememorization

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Bible_Memorization_Group

Dear David, Jason, Aradhana, Michele, Kelly, Keldon, Jennifer, Joyce, Theja, Chandra, Brittany, Gabriela, Anita

The reason that I addressed each name was because I wanted everyone to know the names of our participants in the memorization group. When I sought @your name for each name, Connect advised me that only up to 10 names can be addressed in one post but we have 13 participants. It’s a great problem! Thirteen of us - alright! But I wrote to Carson about my problem and he set up a post name in which, by listing it, everyone will receive the post. If more join or someone wants out, I need to let him know and he will add or subtract them. I you want to address the whole group, all you need to do is use this post name: <@Bible_Memorization_Group> and everyone will receive it.

It’s a good idea to have access to this @address because this group is not just about memorization but also, what insights, questions or comments that you have to share so that all can receive them. I personally love to hear what everyone thinks. It helps me so much. I never mentioned it to Joyce, but we had a disagreement on a verse in Philippians 2 and I still think a lot about her point and am tending to agree with her position. It helps us realize maybe something others wouldn’t have seen. We are the body of Christ and we round each other out well. It’s so healthy when we can disagree but love and respect each other. I am so glad for the example of Joyce and I not seeing eye-to-eye because it did not harm our relationship. In fact, from my position, it only served to endeared me to her. We all see things differently and that is a witness to this world that we don’t get along because we agree with everything everyone says but Jesus binds us together.

Could I ask a favor before I post the verses? I am from the US. Could those of you that are not from the US inform us as to your country? I’d love to know how many countries are represented here.

We are heading into Philippians 4. For those just joining, many in this group memorized Philippians 3 and also chapter 2 before that. Prior to that, a few of us did Romans 8 together. That is nearing 100 verses together. We started in October 2017 together so some of us have been on this journey for over a year! It’s such a wonderful group. I’m so very blessed and privileged to be part of it. Having said that, here are the verses for this week. The first verse feels like something I’d love to write to you personally!

Philippians 4:1 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!
Philippians 4:2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. (NIV)

Philippians 4:1 Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved.
Philippians 4:2 I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord. (ESV)

Philippians 4:Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.
Philippians 4:2 I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. (NKJV)

If anyone wants me to post another Bible version, please let me know. May the gist of these verses have application in each of your lives this week!

(joyce yung) #2

Ok

Confession time. I didn’t do too well on Philippians 3

I have decided to add 15 minutes to my devotional time each morning to memorize the verses.

Now I only have less than 5 hours sleep in most night, especially in school nights. I will need to find a few minutes here and there all thru the day to make up my other two hours sleep. Don’t worry. I be ok. Hahahaha.

Reading verses two. Feel very sorry for Euodia and Syntche got their names got down in the history. Just saying.

Have a blessed week.

JY

(Theja Tseikha) #3

Hi Tim, @Tim_Ramey

Theja here from the North Eastern part of India! :slight_smile:

It’s exciting to finally start my first verses of memorization. I’ve tried some few times to memorize the Scriptures myself, before, but failed to keep it going. Hoping to use this platform to keep myself accountable and keep-on the memorization together with you guys.

Cheers. :slight_smile:

(Keldon Scott) #4

@Tim_Ramey thank you for your leadership, continuity, and patience with those who have not been as diligent. Philippians 4 was one of my chapters that I wanted to memorize after Romans 8. Thank you for selecting this chapter. I think it will be a blessing to us all.

(joyce yung) #5

Agree!!! Thank you Tim

(Tim Ramey) #6

Thank you all for your kind words. I really love joining together with all of you.

For those not diligent with chapter 3, you can still do it! It is rich. It so wonderful how the verses intertwine and then the chapters take it another step as they connect with chapters prior or after them. Memorizing for awhile now has really revitalized my walk with Jesus.

I would encourage to keep reviewing your previous chapters. Get a system down that works for you and stick with it. Many of you have far more chapters down than I do but I have 13 NT chapters that I’ve done by the 2 verses/week method and I keep rotating reviews of them and I’m not that sharp, so you can learn and maintain. It’s so special to be able to pull those verses up and have them in my heart.

Joyce, you felt sorry for them but I laughed when I read your comment about Euodia and Syntyche. What a way to be remembered - as grappling with each other!

Well, we have Ireland (David), India (Theja) and the US represented so far. Any other countries out there? Is everyone else from the US? For those who still need to click on to the Bible memorization set up that Carson worked out for us, please do. There is still about 4 of you that I hope keep going with us.

For those who have just joined, I have to tell you that I sense such a wonderful fellowship from this group. To be memorizing the same verses each week together is special. We should always remember to pray for each other but to also mention anything needing prayer, as well as of course, mentioning any insights, questions or comments.

Happy Thanksgiving! (Is the US the only country that celebrates it tomorrow? I know Canada does in October. How about other countries?)