Pieter Venter

(Pieter) #1

Hi there. Pieter here from Paarl outside of Cape Town. The core module gave me a framework to engage with non believers without feeling like ‘bible bashing’. Everyone has a worldview and for the most part they are also keen to share it. Just ask!

7 Likes
(Olivia Davis) #2

Hi Pieter! Welcome to Connect. I’ve always wanted to visit Cape Town!

I’m so glad that you found the Core Module helpful. Connect is a great place to keep learning and investigating new ideas and questions! Join in on the discussions…I’ll see you there!

3 Likes
(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @pietventer,

SO encouraging to hear how the Core Module gave you “a framework to engage with non believers without feeling like ‘bible bashing’”!! Asking great questions is so undervalued but so important.

How are you currently seeking to grow in your walk with the Lord? And in your capacity to communicate God’s love?

1 Like
(Heidi Mitchell) #4

Hey, Pieter!

I agree… so nice to have had the space to learn how to engage our friends of different worldviews…

Enjoy Connect!

1 Like
(Pieter) #5

Hi Carson, I recently watched a talk by RC Sproul on the Aseity of God (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6mZiRRuUU) in which he asks the simple question: “if there was ever a time in history that there was absolutely nothing, could there possibly be ‘something’ today”. I asked my kids the same question and even they were quick to answer “no”. Nothing cannot create something, which means the evidence is all around us. God really did make it plain for all to see (Rom 1:19). On the one hand, it is plain to see that there must be a Creator but on the other hand, you simply stand in awe of who He is when you realise there was nothing before Him. I have found that this - the splendour of God and who he is - creates the basis and amplifies everything else that we believe. We spend too little time considering who He is. PS: I had to look up the word “Aseity”!

1 Like
(Pieter) #6

Thanks, Olivia. Yes, Cape Town is a great place to live and raise a family.

1 Like
(Pieter) #7

Thank you, Heidi!

1 Like
(Carson Weitnauer) #8

It is truly amazing to think that God is self-existent and eternal! The more we learn about God, the more we want to worship him!

2 Likes