Pk4short

(Pam Carroll) #1

Hi! I am from Virginia. I was introduced to RZIM by a friend and fell in love with the apologetics. Because the climate of today’s society, I believe the apologetics are even more important than ever. I have been a Christian for 18 months. God delivered me from 35 years of living in homosexuality. I believe God is calling me to be a listening ear and a vessel for which God can use to let those struggling with their sexual identity that there is hope outside what secular society and progressive Christians offer. There is freedom from shame, joyous living in the Truth of Jesus Christ.

15 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #2

Hello, Pam. :slight_smile: Welcome to Connect, and PRAISE THE LORD for His work in your life. It is wonderful to hear of your desire to be faithful to Him, no matter the cost. I especially love this thought,

I believe God is calling me to be a listening ear and a vessel for which God can use to let those struggling with their sexual identity that there is hope outside what secular society and progressive Christians offer.

I am excited to learn more from both you.

5 Likes
(Lara S.) #3

Hi Pam, Welcome! And welcome to your new faith in Christ! How has God been blessing you? I agree, Apologetics are critical in today’s climate. Thank you for reminding us that Christ brings freedom - I don’t think any of us can hear that enough :slight_smile:

7 Likes
(Roy Sujanto) #4

Hi @Pk4short,

Glad to have you onboard our Connect team. Can’t wait to see how God will use you in amazing ways.

Can’t imagine the kind of insurmountable obstacles you have to overcome from such a background to accept Christ. Will recommend one of best RZIM’s speaker, Sam Allberry, for those from SSA background.

Look forward to hear more from you.
Blessings in Christ,
Roy

5 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #5

Amen Pam! @Pk4short
I met you over in the forums…but, so glad you’ve said “hi” here :slight_smile:
I love your story! I’d love to hear how you became a Christian just 18 months ago…that new and fresh feeling of coming to Christ. Must be amazing …and now to feel on mission to help others dealing with sexual identity…such a neat moment in your life.
So glad you’re here!

5 Likes
(Keldon Scott (Kel)) #6

Welcome aboard @Pk4short . So glad you have joined us. Explore this site and ask questions. I love the enthusiasm you generate. God-bless you and your journey.

4 Likes
(Sieglinde) #7

Hi @Pk4short, we are immensely blessed to have you here. I am so anxious to read your testimony but wanted to give you a warm welcome first. You are so vital in society today and I know the Lord will use you here to help people who are hurting. God bless you sister, so thankful :pray:t3:

4 Likes
(Pam Carroll) #8

Hi Roy! Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, I have read Sam Allberry’s book Connected Living in the Light of the Trinity and also seen the video where he spoke on his personal struggles with SSA.
Blessings,
Pam

1 Like
(Pam Carroll) #9

Hi Lara and thank you for the warm welcome. “How has God been blessing me?” Where do I start? I lived the first 55 years of my life questioning my purpose and begging for death. Since Feb 2018, I know a joy that I never believed possible. I am absolutely and completely shameless. I am so very blessed to have a God who has taken a complete mess and transformed it to a beautiful story of redemption. I may be 'long in the tooth" but with God anything is possible and I am excited to see what He has in store for me each day. Blessings, Pam

6 Likes
(Pam Carroll) #10

Hi Heidi and thank you for the awesome welcome.
Blessings,
Pam

2 Likes
(Pam Carroll) #11

Thank you Keldon. Blessings

1 Like
(Pam Carroll) #12

Thank you Siglinde!
Blessings,
Pam

1 Like
(Pam Carroll) #13

Thank you Brittany for the welcome!
Blessings,
Pam

1 Like
(Karen ) #14

Hi Pam,
Welcome to this amazing site,it’s such a blessing to be part of it. Thank you for your testimony, I am sure many will be encouraged by it. I am reminded of this verse, Isaiah 61:7 (NIV)
Instead of your shame
you will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
you will rejoice in your inheritance.
And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,
and everlasting joy will be yours.
May God continue to bless you abundantly.

3 Likes
(John Daniel) #15

Welcome, Pam! Your testimony is a blessing and no doubt The Lord is using you as a shining light to those struggling in darkness. Praise God for his deliverance! I look forward to interacting with you here on Connect. God bless.

2 Likes