Please Place Your Name Here Amy

Say hello… Hi :wave:t3:

Where are you from? Ohio

What led you to join Connect? I need help defending actual marriage in the instance of someone who refuses it for financial reasons saying they are married - just not on paper.

2 Likes

Hi @rubelievingiam,

Welcome! Please do ask your question here:

https://connect.rzim.org/c/christian-growth

Of course, please be sure to protect the privacy of the people mentioned as this is a public community.

May God give you wisdom and sacrificial love as you consider how to help another image bearer in their journey.

2 Likes

Hello Amy, welcome to connect a family of thinking believers that have heart questions just like yours. Carson has shared were to post your question and I will look there but let me say thank you for seeking a caring compassionate answer to help some you love. God bless and grant you His peace and comfort.

Mike

1 Like
  1. Marriage is a gift. Biblically, without marriage, sex is immoral.

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Gen. 2:24

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Matt 10:6-9

“It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. 1 Corinthians 7

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. Hebrews 13:4

1. Additionally, studies evince that marriage is very beneficial.
  • live longer
  • have fewer strokes and heart attacks
  • have a lower chance of becoming depressed
  • be less likely to have advanced cancer at the time of diagnosis and more likely to survive cancer for a longer period of time
  • survive a major operation more often.
  • emotional stability and
    many more benefits.
    “The health advantages of marriage”
    Robert H. Shmerling, MD 11.30.16
  1. At times there is a selfish financial motive to avoid marriage because there are, rightly so, legal consequences to protect both parties.

There is more to be said for sure, but I hope this provides a jump start to your query. God bless you. Thank you for being with us on Connect.