Please Place Your Name Here Kathryn

Say hello…Hi!

Where are you from? Sydney, Australia

What led you to join Connect? Wanting to leave a message of thanks to Ravi

How do you hope to contribute? Not sure but will see.

2 Likes

Hello @kathrynelsie Thank you for your post. We welcome you to this wonderful Connect community and are grateful that you have joined.

You have expressed a desire to leave a message for Ravi and you may do so here: #ThankYouRavi

We would love to get to know you better and how the Lord has worked in your life through this ministry. Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can serve you in any way or if you have any questions.

May the God of grace and peace be with you,
Mary Beth

@kathrynelsie, welcome to Connect. The thank you message you wrote for Ravi and Margie is touching. You are right – their love shines through everything they do. I know they will be blessed when they read it.

@kathrynelsie I just had the privilege of reading your amazing story and beautiful tribute. Thank you so much for what you have shared. Truly a blessing for all of us.

@MaryBeth1

Hello Mary Beth & Jennifer,
Thank you for replying! I did not expect that.

Do you mind if I share a few more details? Just wondering if it would uplift the team - but I don’t want to burden the Zacharias’.

My maternal grandfather wanted to be a missionary doctor in India. However, his father died when he was young, & not having money, he had to leave school & go to work. All his life he ran a corner store. He & his wife had 6 children, 5 were in the medical profession & 4 went to India as missionaries -whom my grandparents supported both prayerfully & financially. Two were in Kerala. Two in Tamil Nadu. My mum & dad fed, clothed, educated, married off & got jobs for orphan boys. Now there are a number who have taken his name & are evangelists. To complete the circle, my husband (an Aussie to the core) now works for a Canadian company with interests in India. For the last 5 years he has made 10-12 trips per year over there. His colleagues call him an “adopted son of India” because he understands it so well. He says it never would have been that way without him knowing & loving my dad, who loved India. My dad used to say the cooks in heaven will be from Kerala! Amen!

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!

Warm Regards,

Kathryn

2 Likes

Hello @kathrynelsie I am glad you have shared even further. I was so touched by what you wrote earlier, it ended up getting copied, pasted and forwarded to others. I know it will be a blessing to the whole Zacharias family.

After reading this post about your grandparents and parents, all I can say is, you have a rich heritage!

One more thing -

Amen! A wise man indeed! While I have never had Indian food directly from the cooks in Kerala, I have eaten as much as I possibly could here, to the tune of breakfast, lunch and dinner. If there is ever anything left over, I try to snack in between meals. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks again and I hope you will find the time to further dialogue and meet more people on Connect. We would love to know you better.

Thanks so much for you post,
Mary Beth

Thank you Mary Beth! You have made my day! And, breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks of food from Kerala sounds perfect!
May God continue to bless you guys so much! I was reminded this morning as I was praying for the Zacharias’, and asking that God would meet their needs that God Will supply All our needs!

1 Like