Please Place Your Name Here. Marian

Hello,

My name is Marian and I’m from Egypt. I just finished the core module and I’m very excited to join this community to learn from you more and to share my thoughts and questions with you.

Thank you RZIM for providing us with such an opportunity!

11 Likes

Hi @marianhany11, welcome to connect, it’s so wonderful to meet someone from Egypt. The Core Module is such a blessing to many. Is there one thing in particular that stood out to you the most? Enjoy browsing through the topics here and please feel free to engage. Take care :heart:

4 Likes

Hello, Marian, and welcome to Connect! :slight_smile: I hope you will share your questions and answers here- I look forward to hearing more from you!

3 Likes

Hello Marian, I’m glad you’re part of the community. How is life as a Christian in Egypt? Here in Germany I read again and again reports in the press about persecution and oppression. How do you experience that?
Here in the forums there are some contributions about Africa, for example:

And there are also several members from Egypt: Sara @saraisaac and Elia @elia.gad and some others. Feel free to ask your questions and share your thoughts with us.

3 Likes

Hello Marian! I have a feeling that I know you! Anyways, welcome on board!

4 Likes

Hi @sig, yes I just love how connect gathers people from all around the globe to share their passion to learn more about the truth. The core module has been very informative for me on so many levels, but the one thing I really enjoyed was the interview assignment, it gave me the chance to know more about one of my close friend’s worldview and actually have a deep conversation with her which was more of a delight than an assignment :slight_smile:

Take Care and Stay Blessed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @Brittany_Bowman1 :slight_smile: I look forward to getting to know you too and hearing from you as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @iDan, Wie geht es dir ? :wink: :smile: Yes I can imagine how the western media conveys the dark side of oppression and persecution we have here in Egypt. Well, I myself have never experienced personally any kind of oppression or persecution because of my beliefs neither did I witness this happening to any of my friends or relatives, this is probably because I live in Cairo where things are somehow ok. In less privileged and poorer areas in upper Egypt it’s much worse to the extent that people may suffer forced immigration just because they’re Christians! So yeah it can be a bit hard being a christian in some parts in Egypt.

Thank you for your caring and asking :slight_smile:
Where do you live in Germany anyways?

Stay Blessed!

3 Likes

Hi @saraisaac, yes what a small world it is. I actually know you because we attended Credologos in 2017 together.

Looking forward to sharing our thoughts together here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The interview was my favorite part too. I drew closer to the person even though we have completely different world views :pray:t3:

4 Likes

What are the chances?!!! Glad to see you here Marian :relaxed:

3 Likes

Hallo Marian, bin überrascht, du sprichst ja deutsch :smile: I come from the beautiful south of Germany (from the Stuttgart area). Thank you for your answer. I am glad to hear that you yourself are not persecuted because of your faith. The image that the western media are drawing seems to be a bit too general. It’s a good thing that you experience it differently in Cairo.

2 Likes

I am Jason Walker from Jamaica. Welcome!

2 Likes

Hi @iDan, ja Ich spreche ein bisschen deutsch :smile: I also visited Germany several times. It’s a beautiful country, never been to Stuttgart though. Thank you for your question and concern :blush:

Stay Blessed!

2 Likes

Thank you @JasonWalker :smiley:

Welcome in board ya Marian…Ana Amal from Cairo Bardo :tulip:

2 Likes

Hi Dan,
I am Egyptian too. We do have inequality of treatment definitely as Christians are seen as infidel by some Muslim sector. As Marian mentioned, those living in the capital Cairo suffer from minor issues but we can’t deny the attacks on 80 churches that took place by Muslim Brothers few years ago. Jesus is definitely present and changing lives and He promised there will be persecution for His Children. Egypt is a blessed country to visit as the Coptic church is the one who survived Islam invasion in north Africa.
God bless you,
Amalia

3 Likes

Hi Marian

You are so welcome to join us. Its wonderful to see believers from Egypt. Ravi Zacharias has spoken several times in Egypt at conferences, I watched them in the life stream. I am from Switzerland but my husband is Egytian. God bless you

2 Likes