Please pray for me in my trials brothers and sisters in Christ

I have experienced horrible attacks since being saved 3 years ago. Add in the fact I grew up in the Jehovah’s Witnesses cult, was abused and submitted to their brainwashing I am having a very hard time. The Lord blessed me with a great love of people, Satan used his influence while I was not saved to burden me with horrible lust, hate of myself, and I deal with mania and blackouts still. I’m in a great Church, Helen First Baptist and have a wonderful fellow brother as my deacon. But I am struggling greatly with many things and need my fellow followers of our lord to pray for me please. I can’t wrap my head around my trials, but as Paul was am happy to endure for Christ. That doesn’t make it easier though. Please put me before our Lord for everything I’ve laid at the foot of His thrown. Thank you in advance, as I struggle to pray with my feelings of worthlessness.

12 Likes

@Gavin_Baum I am lifting you up now :pray:t3: I pray for this precious soul of yours Lord. I pray you wil help Gavin to resist believing the lies our adversary tells us. We all know what it is like to feel this way. I pray you will speak in love tones to Gavin, assuring him of your steadfast love. Jesus sacrificed His life for us because we are precious, not worthless.
—“I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well.”
Psalm 139:14

—17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you. —

Much love, Sig :heart:

4 Likes

@Gavin_Baum. Know this despite the lies whispered to your heart. You belong to GOD. Nothing that is born of the love of GOD is ever worthless. We may not always know. We may not always see that value. But we can trust. GOD don’t make disposable people. Praying with you and for you!

3 Likes

Please know I’m praying for you today, @Gavin_Baum. It sounds like you are going through some difficult paths, but He is faithful.

2 Likes

Standing in the gap for you during this difficult time.
Along with your big brother Jesus
Psalms 146:1‭-‬8 NKJV

Praise the Lord ! Praise the Lord , O my soul! While I live I will praise the Lord ; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help. His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; In that very day his plans perish. Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God, Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The Lord gives freedom to the prisoners. The Lord opens the eyes of the blind; The Lord raises those who are bowed down;
All promises are yeah and Amen.
Love in christ
Mike

3 Likes

Dear Gavin,

I am so sorry to hear of your situation. There is so much material I could recommend like Neil Anderson’s Victory Over the Darkness and Bondage Breaker. But your post caught my eye and I wanted u to know I was moved in my spirit to pray for u. Please keep posting to let everyone know how u r doing. “Lord Jesus, bind the demons who r afflicting your beloved son and servant Gavin! Father, I ask this in the Name if Jesus, Amen”.

3 Likes

Gavin, I will pray for you for sure as I have my struggles with lust also but God is greater than my struggles and I believe He will deliver me if I just hold on to His promises. Blessings my brother.

Bob

2 Likes

Dear Gavin,
I hear the struggle and pain within you. My own father grew up in the Jehovah Witnesses cult and now has a deep hatred of all things “religious” because of it.
I believe that no matter our past Satan will find a way to attack us.
I pray you will be continually reminded that you are not alone. That you have the One who has made heaven and earth that loves you and will fight your battles for you. And indeed, you have all of us, your brothers and sisters in Christ to hold you up in prayer. Thank you for reaching out. Please continue to do so if you find you’re still struggling.
God bless you.

2 Likes

I have both books. My problem is with my background in the JW cult it is hard for me to understand. I love Bill Gilham’s “Lifetime Guarantee.”

Yes, I went through a period where I equated God with religion and was also against it. My brother is like that now. I prayed that our Lord will help him get over this like I did.

@Gavin_Baum, @carmen, agreeing in prayer.

1 Like