Please pray for our daughter

Please pray for our daughter (26) who is living in a sinful lifestyle. She was raised with Christian values and accepted Jesus & was baptized. For 6 years now she has turned away from her family and any friends that disagree with her. She is our only child. My pain is deep. God has drawn me closer to Him & His Word through this for which Im grateful. My human mom heart is still broken and achy. I want my daughter back. I want her back w the Lord. She knows we love her but pushes us away. Thank you.
(Please, please… no condemning of me for my beliefs abt what is clear in Scripture).

12 Likes

@Leslie_Harris Praying that the Lord Jesus would open your daughter’s eyes and heart to see His love, truth and grace - to see the emptiness of the world - and place people in her life who would share the love of Christ winsomely and at the right time :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi Leslie,

I have a similar story with my daughter, 29, but want to encourage you. Never stop praying, and letting her know how much you love her and that that will never change. My husband and I have always focused our prayers on her returning to Christ and to know God’s incredible love for her. That alone is where salvation lies, and from that comes a turning away from sin. We’ve seen a tremendous, wonderful softening in our daughter in the last year and believe if she knows and can trust our love for her she is one step closer to understanding His. It is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance (Romans 2:4) I will pray for your daughter Leslie. This is such a great community to explore what the love of God really looks and acts like when faced with tough stuff. The wonderful news is that God continues to pursue our daughters and loves them more than we as moms can even imagine.

13 Likes

Thank you so much! I pray for your daughter’s return too. It’s good to know that we’re not alone!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Amen to the prayers above! Praying Leslie.

4 Likes

As an encouragement, don’t underestimate the lengths that the Holy Spirit will go to find the missing sheep.

Short sort of testimony here, but I was in exactly your daughters shoes. Was saved, was baptized. Then through a progression from calling myself an atheist to a pantheist to finally when God revealed Himself to me in a real and powerful way, I came back to my faith stronger than ever.

Prayers going out to your daughter.

10 Likes

Bless your heart, I can hear how desperate you are for your daughter. I will lift her up in prayer. I’m so thankful that @Laurieb75 and @Jesse_Means_God_Exists are here as living testimonies to encourage you not to give up.

4 Likes

@Leslie_Harris we just prayed for your daughter.

3 Likes

Thank you for your testimony!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Im very desperate. God knows all and is in control. I wish I knee what He was doing! But I KNOW He is good, perfect, and worthy of all trust. My humanness wants to have a fit haha

2 Likes

Leslie and Laurie

I will be added to those who pray for you.

Could I ask something of you both? We have a memorization group that memorizes a chapter of Scripture, 2 verses/week. Out of that has grown a prayer thread. So every week, there is a thread with the verses - this week it is Colossians 2:15-16. But we also have a thread this week entitled Colossians 2:15-16 Prayer. In that thread, we post prayer requests for the week. If the same thing needs prayer next week, we post it again. Please go to the thread and post your prayer requests. There is a tight group that is not exclusive but do pray for each other all week. Next week we’ll pray for whatever is posted. But as you post and read other postings, I think you’ll realize that you are not alone. In fact, a few that have posted here are involved with the group of memorizers and prayers.

We need each other. The Lord designed the body of Christ that way. Prayer is essential.

1 Like

Id love that. How do I get to that?

1 Like

Maybe there is an easier way but under the category options, choose “Christian Growth.” Then under “All Tags”, choose, “biblememorization.” Then one of the options is, “Colossians 2:15-16 Prayer.” Click on that and you’re in. Don’t hesitate to get back to me if you have any problems, Leslie. Please note that there are two threads with Colossians 2:15-16 but one has the additional word “Prayer” in the heading.

Hi Leslie, I will add you to my prayers. I have two daughters and both have walked away from God. It’s been the most heart-breaking experience and feel I have lost everything but hope. Isn’t it awesome how through it all God has drawn us nearer to Him, when the enemy could have drawn us away. I take heart in that because if He can keep me in the midst of such pain and sorrow, He is more than able to draw them back to Himself. I am part of the bible memorization prayer group, so look forward to seeing you there! There is such comfort in being part of community and knowing that we can be there for each other.

It’s been an awesome journey into God’s arms and learning to rejoice and really know that He is our foundation. I sincerely pray, Father, that our children learn of Your awesome and amazing love; that they do not waste their time on this earth in futile and meaningless pursuits. We long to see Your praise on their lips and Your plans and purposes for their life to be realized. We love You!!!

Blessings and His strength for you Leslie!

3 Likes

I’m another one who drifted far from God during my twenties. Life knocked me around in those years and I was much too ashamed to come back to God. But in my dark hours of complete despair God spoke to me and called me back.

The chapters in the lives of sons and daughters who have walked away are not yet complete. In those remaining chapters God is pursuing them. We ask you Father, whatever it takes, to grab their attention and fill them with the desire to once again live as light in your light. Remove any sense of shame that is a barrier to their accepting your grace and your love. Show the the sweet and nourishing outcome of repentance and fellowship with Your church. We ask the in Jesus name. amen.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! Two daughters? That has to be painful even more. Prayers for you!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Leslie, I don’t see you at the prayer thread site. Were you not able to find it or change your mind? I’ll keep you in prayer. It’s just helpful when we have them all in one thread. We will continue in prayer for you dear sister!