Support RZIM Connect

Poppy

Hello. I am from Sydney, Australia. I have been a huge fan of Ravi Zacharias for a quite a few years now and have been listening to his forums, podcasts and sermons. In the past 3 years I have been more and more interested in motivating the next generation in my church to know about their faith and why. People do not read their Bible as they used to due to the cacophony of busyness and technology with its distraction through audio-visual and social media. I want to learn and probably post some questions that I am unable to answer.

6 Likes

Hi @Poppy,
Welcome to Connect.
I Praise God for the desire He has given to you to look out for His sheeps(the upcoming generation). I hope & pray that the Lord will help you use this platform to understand God & love Him an ounce more everyday.
God bless you

5 Likes

Thank you Sneha. There is so much that I want to share with the next generation about this wonderful God that we serve and hopefully get them to be more motivated into ‘discipling’ others just as Jesus asked us to.

4 Likes

Greetings Poppy of the Down Under Lands,

The young generation and even old alike are glued to technology. And so are virtually every Bible translation and Bible study on planet earth. It may be more that they are distracted by worldly things and less that they need to unplug. I am old school, I believe a person should pick up a real Bible and learn to navigate the pages. I have many fellow believers who show up to a Bible study toting their I-Phones and squinting at the screen reading texts of Scripture. Not for me. But I get it.

At my church youth small group, I bought nice hard cover ESV study Bibles. I get them to put away their phones and actually pick up the Bible in their hands (no chance to text and google that way). I go as far as teaching them to respect that book as God’s Word (who should fumble around and drop the revealed Word of God eh?). I can see them being aware of the power that that book holds, a message from the divine to us. Yet, now we are on-line with church and doing Zoom meetings, not meeting in person. That’s ok. Not ideal and I recognize they are becoming hungry to fellowship and even more curious of what God is doing in these days of COVID.

I understand that we become igniters for the next generation’s spiritual awakening. By praying over each of them, inviting them to pray with us. Introducing God’s Word daily to them in conversation, showing them that God isn’t a Sunday event. Challenging them to live real for a real God. Perhaps we need to reach them with what they get? Satan gets possession of social media and the audio-visual stuff because we let him. God gave mankind the creative abilities to design and communicate. Satan high-jacks the media to promote his stuff, human sin-nature buys into it because we are spiritually weak. So then, we use that same platform to demonstrate God’s love for mankind in Jesus’ message.With gentleness and respect, we can turn the distraction into an outreach. Let the hearts of the unsaved begin to hunger for real food, and the weak believers thirst again for the Water of Life.

Go and ask every person who looks at life curiously, what questions they desire an answer for, then post it here. Introduce these fellow humans to answers that affect their souls. That action you take, may be what draws them to God. And that there is you being used to win souls.

Good-day.

Ken :canada:

6 Likes

I pray the Lord will lead you through it & honor your earnest desires, to grant you the wisdom & patience to lead you through this whole process.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Poppy. Thank you for coming alongside us at connect. I agree with you. While the resources of the pod casts and websites are helpful The Bible is the greatest source of answers. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Greetings, @Poppy!
Welcome to RZIM! Thank you for having a heart that wants to reach out to the next generation! As a part of that “next generation” myself, it means a lot to be assured there are still various ones in the older generation seeking to pass on the baton with care and understanding.
This is a great place for questions that the next generation would do well to look for the answers to, as well questions the older generation may have, so that the baton that will be passed could be a solid and clearly secure baton.

Be blessed!

3 Likes

Welcome Poppy! What a wonderful desire you have to encourage others in your church in the faith! We need more people who have that passion. It is encouraging to know there a people across the face of the earth that have that passion and desire for Christ to be known and to make Him known and then to be strengthened in Him. Blessings on your efforts.

3 Likes

Thank you Sneha for your encouragements. God bless you abundantly.

2 Likes

Thank you Kel. God bless you abundantly.

1 Like

Welcome Poppy!
I am also a huge fan of Ravi! I am new to this experience as well. I hope you are able to get the answers you are looking for!

2 Likes

Thanks Ken. I believe that for the next generation to latch onto the core of the message, they need to have a real encounter with Christ. I was speaking to a colleague who mentioned to me that someone while living in Sydney converted from Buddhism, got baptised and lived like a genuine Christian but when he went back to Thailand for some time, he fell back into Buddhism and hasn’t changed even though he is back in Sydney now living here permanently. After some more questions we found out that he was attending church because his elder brother was dragging him along every Sunday.
Having that genuine encounter with Christ is key to our walk with Him. Once we let him into our heart the transformation must happen if we have really accepted him as our Saviour. There’s a new kind of hunger which develops on a daily basis. Give us our “daily” bread. Jesus could have taught them to ask for a weekly provision. There is something in the “coming back everyday”, not for “more” but for “new” or “fresh”.
But for us, we need to keep sowing the word and caring for the lost.
God bless you and your ministry abundantly.

1 Like

Thank you and God bless you.

1 Like

Thank you @ChristinaLinzey & @LauraLinzey.
Are you both related? You look like sisters. Anyway, I have always liked teaching and I was told that I would have been a teacher if I was not doing my current job.
This is one thing that I love about the Word of God, it is “living”. There is so much that we can “feed” on and I love unpacking simple truths from the Bible when I preach, looking at shadows and types for example to make those listening see the unseen. This is something that I use to grab the attention of the next generation also.
God bless you both abundantly!!!

4 Likes

Hello @Poppy! Yes, we are sisters. We have grown up with loving and guiding parents who have encouraged us to seek out truth. They have reminded us over and over that they are not scared of questions and that we are in this journey together. Thus, it has helped to cultivate our hearts as siblings to run in the same direction in search for truth…which we have found leads to Christ and to His amazing Word. We are on this journey excited and longing to grow even deeper in Who God is, as well as to encourage others in their pursuits for Christ.

4 Likes

Amen to that!! Glory to God!!

3 Likes