Prayer schedule

Hi, how can l overcome my not been able to keep to a prayer schedule, though l set reminders?

4 Likes

Keep praying for schedule, keep praying to Lord to remind you when the reminders reminds you to pray. That’s how we learn to pray.

2 Likes

You must make it a priority. It took me a few years to get where I am now. I get up before anyone else and have my quiet time. I have to get up at 5am. That was not easy (and some days it still isn’t) but now my body is use to it. It is a spiritual discipline that I have it in my life I will not let anything move it. Be encouraged! Like anything in life it takes practice and when you are there you begin to wonder if you are doing it right! But our Father is a good Father and he loves us and is patient. Do not be racked with shame but be encouraged in the light of Him. Again it will not happen overnight but keep at it. The Spirit does His mightiest work in the one on one time I believe. Jesus modeled it and He is who we are after.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!

3 Likes

I read a book on prayer one time and the only thing that I really remember about it is: Pray as you can not as you can’t. It is good to have a regular devotional time. A prayer can be accomplished in so many ways during so many parts of the day. Don’t put a lot of pressure on yourself making that an issue for you. Knowing that you want to pray and being blessed by the time that you do take to pray will perpetuate your desire. Keep praying whether you are at a stop light or on a walk or preparing a meal. The Lord is with you. God-bless you and your care for your faith path.

2 Likes

Hey @Light, I’m so glad you expressed this concern in your prayer life, you’re not alone in it, I have struggled with this same question before.
Here are some things that have helped me, I hope it can be a blessing!

Prayer is something we all are called to do, but it’s not about the act, its about our relationship with Christ. I believe that just by you posing the question shows your heart and desire to grow in a deeper walk with the Lord, it also shows that you’ve been thinking about it which is excellent because I believe that is one of the first steps towards a consistent prayer life.

Remember that God is a person, talk to Him about the joys, sorrows, blesssings, and burdens you’re facing — like you would a good friend.

Consider starting a prayer journal and keep it at your bed stand or desk, somewhere that you can write in it easily and look through it often. It’s really neat to look through and see how God has answered different prayers and it’s an encouragement through those tuff times.

One thing that’s helped me in praying for others is whenever a name pops in my mind I take that as a sign that I need to pray for them. If I don’t have a specific prayer request from them then I just pray for them — wisdom, direction, courage for the day etc… Doing these things will help keep you in a spirit of prayer (by that I don’t mean somber, but continual communion) keeping your heart tuned to God and allowing His Spirit to work. Do remember, there’s not a set way of “the right way to pray”, seek the Lord and through that He’ll teach you to pray while He draws you ever closer to Himself!

Blessings to you my friend on your journey!

3 Likes