Praying for Connect

(Tim Ramey) #1

To everyone who is in Connect-

Yesterday I started a new topic regarding praying for you in Connect and your concerns as well. Carson astutely pointed out some things that may make for confusion so I am starting over with a new post in a different location.

There are 3 points to this post:

1. The first is to tell you that @kelelek and myself (@Tim_Ramey) have committed to pray if you let us know. “Praying for Connect” under #daily-evangelism Category is where this thread is located. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you or someone/some situation that you are aware of needs prayer. We only ask that you update us if a requests is made because often prayer requests end and the pray-er is left wondering where to go from there.

2. The second point is to ask that you consider joining us. Kelly and I pray for each other’s family needs as well as this community. We have not been diligent but aspire to pray “together” on Mondays from 7:30pm-8:30 pm CDT and to fast the first Wednesday of the month. These are not regulations that are required in order to join us. Regular prayer is the only requirement.

3. Please keep in mind that Connect Terms of Service states: “Posts revealing sensitive personal information may be removed. This is to respect your privacy, the privacy of anyone mentioned, and as a practical acknowledgement of the limitations for how Connect can best support its members.”

While we can support people to some degree, we don’t want people to share too much personal information about themselves (or others!) in Connect.

As J Edwin Orr said so well in his presentation on prayer; focused, concerted and united prayer are crucial to the well being of Christ’ Body.

(David Bruce Young) #2

I was much encouraged by your desire to pray for Connect.

(Tim Ramey) #3

@Daveswatch
Thanks David. You can also remember Kelly, who at this point, is the only one volunteering to do this. Your words are encouraging!