Proselytizing Evangelism

(Rebecca Fohner) #22

Thank you for your response! I have wondered how I share my faith without “proselytizing.” What I have found frustrating is often the same person who accuses me of proselytizing because I’m sharing what I believe will then go telling me what I ought to believe. So thank you for sharing this.

We also have to be careful to share the truth in love. And we also have to remember we cannot lead people to Christ of our own strength whatsoever. We simply need to obey Him.

2 Likes
(Warner Joseph Miller) #23

Hey man! So sorry for misunderstanding what you asked. I get what proselytizing is (and isn’t). I guess I was attempting to respond to this:

So then…is your question should we (Christians) proselytize? Or should we (Christians) evangelize? Or should we differentiate and/or explain the two? Or am I still off and the question is something else?

Again, please forgive me for my confusion.

1 Like
(Warner Joseph Miller) #25

I’m in :100: accord! Again, I so apologize for the misunderstanding. I thought that there was a question in there. But thanks so much for raising the thought! Blessings, man!

1 Like
(Dean Schmucker) #26

Its not a religion to be converted to, but an introduction, by the power of the Spirit, to the Eternally alive Jesus Christ, with whom they will have to give account.

(Chase Adams Johnson) #27

Evangelizing, proselytizing, witnessing, testifying, sharing our faith, preaching, teaching, exhorting, admonishing, disciplining . . .
However we contextualize the act of “taking Jesus into the world” it is important to understand that we as Christians ARE asking others to change thier way of thinking; both before they accept Christ and after, so that continued maturing will take place.
It is the power of God that makes a new creation, but it is the changed thinking of the individual that recognizes a need for the confession and repentance that invites Christ into their life so that regeneration may take place; because God forces Himself on no one.
“Be transformed by the renewing of your minds . . .” is changed thinking. To even know God we have all had to be transformed by Him and taught by The Holy Spirit how to think.
** RZIM: Let My People Think. **
Denotation IS conotation, and so, go into all the world proselytizing disciples and proselytizing them to obey Christ’s commands.