Question about love

Hi. I’m Ritesh, from India.
I am a first year Medical Student, 18 years old. I met a girl, my classmate, three months ago.
She is a Christian, she loves going to Church, she loves Jesus. She is a kind person, receptive to me always for the Word of God and I make time for her for teaching the Bible. I love to spend time with her. I see my lost best friend and my good past friend in her. I like to make Bible study with her. I called her my best friend. She said that she needed more time to know me and to become close with me.
I don’t understand why I miss her if I don’t see her or talk to her as I used to miss my best friend(He is a boy).
I think I love her. I’d love to pray and grow with her in the Lord. I’d like to spend some time with her. I compromise few things for her. I wouldn’t do anything that would hurt her. I think I love her and should tell her but not to be in a relationship but to be with her. I don’t lust her. I’d propose her to be my life partner only after education is complete.
Is this love? Is it acceptable to God? I love her but she’s more close to another guy ( not in relationship she says) and that makes me sad. Is my love Biblical and true?
Please answer my question. I’m waiting for your reply.
Thank you

Hello, Ritesh, and welcome to Connect!

We’re glad you’ve joined us, and I pray that this community would be one that strengthens and encourages you in your walk. :slight_smile:

You asked three big questions:

1. Is this love?
  2. Is it acceptable to God?
  3. Is my love Biblical and true?

Unfortunately, the questions you have posed fall just outside the kinds of questions our community has the ability to answer, as it is impossible for us to make a certain judgement on this.

However, if you were asking a question more along the lines of, ‘What can I do with this feeling I have that honours her, God and myself?’ or ‘How can I cultivate a true and Biblical love for her that is acceptable to God?’, then we may have something to work with you on here. I think those are excellent questions. :slight_smile:

Is that more along the lines of what you were asking?

1 Like

Hello Ritesh, you are wise to reach out for answers. Especially where Love is concerned.
I am a widower, having been in love for a lifetime and now without my partner. Love has multiple facets, ranging from phileo to agape and much in between.
Your “best friend” will comfort you differently than a life partner will, but a mate can be both. Respect is key, honoring mutual goals that a relationship can work towards, building love and trust. If the question of commitment is raised then the answer will be no to anyone else, as in the context of Ephesians 5.
May your journey be shared and joy magnified.