Question of the Day (Thursday): What’s the best cuisine in your corner of the globe?

Hello everyone and welcome to the Global Apologetics Conference! I’m Matthew Mittelberg and along with my colleague @Kasey_Leander, we are your RZIM Connect hosts. We will be asking two questions every day (one fun and one serious) to get to know you better.

Our first fun question of the day is “What’s the best cuisine in your corner of the globe?” Food is one of God’s best blessings to us, and we would love to know what you enjoy where you are from!

For me, I grew up in Southern California, so the first thing that comes to mind is In-N-Out burgers. They have a very limited menu: burgers and fries. But that’s the In-N-Out way. Simple and delicious! Here’s a few photos from my last visit to give you an idea!

How about you? What local cuisine makes your mouth water and your stomach growl? Feel free to share some pictures too!

8 Likes

In N Out… it’s so beautiful :pleading_face: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Howdy. In St.Louis, Mo, it is toasted ravioli, and bbq pork steaks

5 Likes

I’m from India and my favorite cuisine is almsot anything from the state of Kerala.

5 Likes

I have to admit (hesitantly) that I have never had In-N-Out @Matthew_Mittelberg, but my wife’s family loves them!

That said, being from Detroit, I’d have to say we have a pretty solid BBQ game here, and Detroit style burnt ends might be one of the greatest treasures this city can offer.

4 Likes

Nice opening move @Matthew_Mittelberg :+1::+1:

From the Philippines it would be the classic Philippine adobo. Sadly I don’t know how to cook it. But I can tell you how to best eat it—in case anyone would want to know.

4 Likes

Welcome to America, people. Cheese Waffies, the pinnacle of RWB Cuisine.

5 Likes

In Nova Scotia, we have donairs… sooo good!

1 Like

I live in northeast Georgia just 10 miles outside of an Alpine tourist trap called Helen, Georgia - a fake German town with some genuine German cuisine - famous in states all around us. And my favorite restaurant in Helen is Hofers with its legendary bakery, waitresses in dirndls, and a dutch windmill outside the window!

5 Likes

From the Kansas City Metro area and I will put up our BBQ with BBQ from anywhere at any time.

2 Likes

NYC pizza & bagels!

I love Mofongo! It is originally from Puerto Rico but it is cooked all over the Caribbean. It is a dish with fried plantains mashed with salt, garlic, broth, and olive oil in a wooden mortar and pestle until forming a tight ball of mashed plantains then adding bits of pork cracklings. It is traditionally served with fried meat and chicken broth soup. Here in the Dominican Republic we tend to add shredded cheddar cheese as topping.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of something this amazing. What an incredible dish!! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Yuca and Tostones from any Latin Restaurant.

1 Like

Nice to have another Dominican… Que lo que!

1 Like

As a Texan, I’ll let that slide… :wink::grin:

3 Likes

Que lo qué dime a vé! :smile:

1 Like

Peruvian food! :heart:

And Michelle knows it!

7 Likes

¡Eso se ve rico!

2 Likes

Blessings Compa…

1 Like