Ravi Zacharias, Now with Jesus

From Sarah Davis, RZIM’s Global CEO:

On January 4, my dad recited a stanza from this hymn from the late Richard Baxter (1615-1691):

“Lord, it belongs not to my care
Whether I die or live;
To love and serve Thee is my share,
And this Thy grace must give.
If life be long, I will be glad,
That I may long obey;
If short, yet why should I be sad
To welcome endless day?

Christ leads me through no darker rooms
Than He went through before;
He that unto God’s kingdom comes
Must enter by this door.
Come Lord, when grace hath made me meet
Thy blessed face to see;
For if Thy work on earth be sweet
What will thy glory be!

Then I shall end my sad complaints
And weary sinful days,
And join with the triumphant saints
That sing my Savior’s praise.
My knowledge of that life is small,
The eye of faith is dim;
But ‘tis enough that Christ knows all,
And I shall be with Him.”

None of us could have imagined just two months after reciting that last stanza that my dad would learn he had cancer and he would experience the realization of this more than 300-year-old hymn so soon. Today we affirm, as my dad recited and Baxter penned, “But ‘tis enough that Christ knows all, and I shall be with Him.” My dad, at 74, has “join[ed] with the triumphant saints that sing [his] Savior’s praise.” We who knew and loved him celebrate his life, and more importantly, his Savior.

You can read the full message here:

24 Likes

Roots of India, branches of world,
The souls you saved are beyond a whole

Intuitive was your mind, humbling were you approach,
Intellectual teachings and thoughtful words are now our hope

Beacon of Christianity will you be forever,
Your footsteps will be light to our future endeavor

Millions have wept, and it’s not without a reason,
Your impacts were such, and a legacy for every season,

This world may have lost the brightest of this century,
You ran a good race Sir and I shall soon see you in our Lord’s Sanctuary.

• From the heart of your Acolyte Joshan Daniel

#ThankYouRavi #Becon #farewellSir

23 Likes

Giving thanks to our Father for the life of his child! Remembering Margie and family in prayer and gratitude for all the time, energy and talents Ravi shared with us and the world! Though his final days seemed so fleeting, the tender mercies of God to shorten his suffering are worthy of our thanksgiving! Praying that the best days of glorifying God and bringing multitudes to Christ are yet ahead for this great global team of RZIM! Grateful also that Ravi’s work will live on to bless many who haven’t yet heard. God is SO Good! :raised_hands::pray::innocent:

6 Likes

We feel loss today, but our dear brother Ravi feels the ultimate gain. He is with the savior whom he faithfully served for so many years. As we remember him, may we also celebrate the legacy of people whom he helped through his teaching. People who now have a relationship with Christ and will continue to do the work of God’s kingdom, all to the glory of God alone. God has blessed us with so many great teachers in our history, and Ravi will be remembered lovingly so, till we all are united with our Savior. God bless the ministry of Ravi Zacharias, may they continue to faithfully serve our true Master. May God also comfort His family in their loss. God bless them all, and our love and gratitude goes out to them. Your dear family member may be gone, but you’re family in Christ is with you, and our prayers go out to you. God bless you and thank you.

Matthew

4 Likes

I love him so much! I was crying so hard
I tough he will be with us forever. What a life he had! What a legacy he left behind!

4 Likes

Thru my tears and saddened heart, I know that Ravi has achieved what we All seek. To stand in the presence of our God and hear “Welcome O Good And Faithful Servant”. My prayers go out to the family to have comfort and peace. Also, to let them know how much Ravi has meant to me and to so many people around the world. May we all take comfort in knowing that now he is more alive then we can imagine! God’s Speed on the Wings of Eagles Ravi!
Thank you God and Ravi’s family for sharing him us!

“ In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also” NKJV John 14:2.

With heavy heart,
Neil

2 Likes

Let me just first extend my most sincere and heartfelt condolences to Ravi’s family and ministry team. I was deeply saddened to learn of his homegoing today and while he is more fully alive than he’s ever been, the weight of his loss here is monumental. The legacy he left is incalculable. I have listened to him speaking many times and my boys with me. We will all feel the vastness of the void he has left behind.

His simple yet deep method of teaching apologetics is what caught my attention when I first heard him speak and ever since, whenever I heard his familiar voice on the radio, I immediately stopped and listened with excitement and anticipation.

I am deeply thankful to God for saving Ravi at 17 and leading him into full-time Christian ministry. I am now, more than ever, excited to sift through his messages and learn more about God from his insights and understanding.

Again, please extend my family’s sincere condolences to Ravi’s family and ministry team as they grieve his profound absence here and celebrate his permanent residence there.

2 Likes

Beautiful words, beautiful heart.
Thank you

1 Like

My heart has been heavy with emotion the last couple of weeks, as we heard of Ravi’s return from Texas and then his passing from time to eternity. My mind knows it is joy for him, but the loss to us mortals still here is great. I wish so much that those of us who know and love Ravi could gather together, sing the songs he loves and be reminded in person of his journey and the truths he shared. Then maybe it would be easier to move on with what God intends us to do, love those in our path and share truth with grace as Ravi did. May our eyes look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. That is where Ravi is now, and where he would want us to look rather than to him anyway! Thank God He knows our hearts and the loss we feel. May He fill our hearts with His Spirit so that we can go forward with the work He has in store. Blessings on all who care and love our brother Ravi Z.

2 Likes