RE: Testimony | Building or Creating Doubt? |

(Eason (Yee Sheng) Neoh) #1

Hi everyone, Jo and Vince,

I’ve been evangelising and sharing my testimony how I became a Christian; sometimes, I am not sure if my testimony encourages or creating doubt. I ain’t sure if people (believer and non-believer) will take it as their lives have to be like how someone else have been transformed and have encountered to be a Christian.

(SeanO) #2

@neoeason92 May I ask how you generally go about sharing your testimony? Are you sharing it with friends or strangers? How are they responding that is causing you to doubt?

You may find this thread on where to start when we share the Gospel helpful. Christ grant you wisdom :slight_smile:

(Alex McElroy) #3

Hi Eason,

First, I’m glad you’re sharing your testimony. The Bible let’s us know that the power of our testimony helps people overcome the enemy. Also, often you won’t know how someone is receiving your testimony. Our only responsibility is to share it with others and pray that God uses it to open their hearts to Him. Sometimes you are planting the seed and sometimes you are watering a seed someone else planted in their lives at some point.

Paul writes in 1 Cor. 3:6, “I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.”

I believe that if you are being honest in your testimony and prayerfully telling it in order that whoever you’re speaking to will come to faith or be strengthened in their faith in Christ, that God will be faithful in that endeavor.

God bless,
Alex M.