Refresh: Ready for College

Hello,

I was wondering if my two adult sons 26 & 28 and perhaps my 27 yr old nephew, all of whom have turned away from God, if it would be a good idea to get them to attend Refresh? They have all finished college, so this conference for young believers might not be right for them, not to mention the fact that they are atheists. Is there anything else here in the US that would be an appropriate conference for them to attend? I guess like what your team usually have at college campuses. I checked the events and Speaking Team Calendar but the only thing I saw was the SES Conference in NC in October where Abdu Murray and Alycia Wood are to speak. I hope that is still going to happen. I would like to take them there. If there are any others, Covid restrictions allowing, please let me know.

Also, I am planning to take the online classes at RZIM Academy. I’m a monthly supporter, would I be able to get any discount for the classes?

Thanks for your help,
Cris

Hi @CrisAvery,

The ReFresh Conference is targeted towards juniors and seniors in high school and freshmen in college and is designed to help students prepare for college and explore the answers to questions and objections that others may have about Christianity. For these reasons it is probably not the right fit for your sons and your nephew.

The ReMind Conference is targeted towards Christian students and young professionals (ages 17-30) and aims to equip them to tackle the toughest objections to the Christian faith. Your sons’ ages would make them a better fit for this conference, but as atheists, they may or may not be interested in participating. The ReMind Conference generally takes place in the Midwest every couple years.

We are often invited as well to take part in other events on university campuses or at other venues. As you mention, our Speaking Team Calendar is currently not displaying quite as many events as usual due to the impact of COVID-19. We hope you are able to attend the SES Conference and recommend that you keep an eye on their website to stay apprised of any updates. You can keep checking in on our calendar as well.

We’re excited to hear that you are planning to take a course through the RZIM Academy! There is not a discount specifically for supporters, but you can get more information about the RZIM Academy here, including how to apply for a scholarship for one of our courses. Hopefully this is helpful! Please let us know if you need any further assistance.