Reliable resources

What are some reliable websites to check cults, movements, false prophets, etc?

1 Like

Hello @RCFB I would check out gotquestions.org. They have articles written on cults and heretical groups. For example:

They also have a section at the bottom of each article where they suggest books and other articles by people who go deeper into the subject you are looking into.

God Bless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@RCFB This is a helpful book endorsed by Ravi :slight_smile:

Are there websites that are reputable too, like the Gospelcoalition.org?

1 Like

I like carm.org, but right now it is down for some reason… They have a lot of good resources on different cults and helped me even back in high school. As with any resource, even the Gospel Coalition, we must always think critically about what we read and compare it to Scripture.

Ultimately, though, GotQuestions.org strongly endorses CARM. It is an excellent resource. Our statements of faith are very similar. Our doctrinal differences are definitely in non-essential matters. CARM truly is one of the best apologetics, counter-cult, and worldview resources on the internet.

As with any book, resource, teacher, or website, always compare what you read or hear with Scripture. Never accept an answer or teaching just because CARM says it or GotQuestions.org says it or your favorite Christian teacher says it. Only the Bible is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16–17). Only the Bible is sharper than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12). Only the Bible never fails.

1 Like

I agree with @SeanO when he states that the Bible is the best place to start. Another place is the statement of faith that was used by RZIM when you joined connect. This was one of the creeds. If a person or church, or group, denies one of those statements than they would be considered a cult. ANother place you might look is a basic introductory Theological Textbook like Wayne Grudems Christian Beliefs.

2 Likes

Absolutely Sean, God’s Word Is the first and final Word. Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.

There are some frightening things that I have stumbled upon. I just need some reliable resources to help my research.

1 Like

Thank you. I agree. I’ll look into the textbook.

@RCFB CARM is back up if you want to check it out :slight_smile: