Support RZIM Connect

Removing demons

Hello everyone🤗. My biological father doesn’t have long to live (cancer). I tried to talk with him about the Bible and asked if he would let me invite a much wiser gentleman to his house. His response was that he knew he was going to hell & there wasn’t anything else to be said. I truly believe that my father is demon possessed. When he is asleep, sounds come from his mouth that is horrifying! The moans, groans and crying out are hardly bearable because I know he is in spiritual pain! He has told me (I already knew) that he has done the most terrible things in his life. I know he doesn’t have any peace in his life. How are demons drawn out of his body so he can think clearly? Other than prayer, What else can I do for him? Any Godly advice and scriptural verses on this type of situation would be greatly appreciated! Please help me help my daddy.
Ravi was such a gift and I really, really wanted to meet him in person to thank him. This world will not be the same without him. Thank y’all for listening to me!:pray:

7 Likes

@Babychristian, my heart is just so heavy as I read your post. I am sorry to hear what you are going through at this time. I am praying for you and for your father’s salvation and healing. I have never been in a situation as yourself but I have experienced spiritual attacks and in order to overcome, I have found release by full submission of my heart to Christ and claiming the authority in Christ made possible by the blood He shed on the cross. In my case, I relied on Rev 12:11. You can pray for your father but it would be even better if he himself confesses his sins and receives Christ to experience the victory. I hope and pray there are others on this forum who can guide you. Below are a few scriptures to consider.

May be something to read to your father to point out that there is still hope and victory possible

Ephesians 2:1-9,13 NKJV

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, [2] in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, [3] among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. [4] But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, [5] even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), [6] and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, [7] that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. [8] For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, [9] not of works, lest anyone should boast…Ephesians 2:13 NKJV But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

We have authority in and through Christ as believers. We overcome by the blood of the lamb.

Ephesians 1:19-23 NKJV

and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power [20] which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, [21] far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. [22] And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, [23] which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Mark 3:27-28 NKJV

No one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house. "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter;

Revelation 12:11 NKJV

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

I wish I could be of more help. I am praying.

10 Likes

@Babychristian I am so sorry to learn about this terrible suffering that you and your father are experiencing :sweat: @Lakshmismehta is spot on in her advice that “We have authority in and through Christ as believers. We overcome by the blood of the lamb” and with the other scriptures she has shared.

I would like to share a template for casting out demons that I have found helpfuI. I got it from IHOPU and it leads the believer through five steps.

I = Intervene

At this first stage we establish Jesus’ authority over the situation. " In the name of Jesus I intervene on behalf of … and take authority over this situation."

H = Highlight

Next pray and ask Holy Spirit to highlight any sin or any reason why the demon has been able to enter the individual. If the person is not a believer they will need to accept Jesus immediately after the demon has been cast out or it will just be able to return.

O = Oppose

Oppose the demon always in Jesus’ name. “In Jesus’ name I command you to leave … now.”

P = Proclaim

Proclaim freedom over … “In the name of Jesus you are set free”

U = You

U stands for, you need to walk it out. As I mentioned above, it is fundamental that the person form whom the demon has been cast accepts Christ otherwise the state will be worse as it explains in Matthew 12:44-45.

As for further resources, that would be suitable here, I came across an RZIM speaker called Mahlatse Mashua who lives in a region where spiritual warfare is common. He taught on it briefly in the Why Suffering elective. I will close with something he shared:

Every phase of establishing the kingdom is warfare. Apologetics and evangelism are forms of spiritual warfare. Proclaiming the gospel is a spiritual offensive against the enemy. Engaging with the worldviews of the day is likewise part of the spiritual battle.
Our own everyday walk with God…equip us to fight this battle effectively.
You are not alone. Stand together.
Do not be afraid. He who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world.

9 Likes

Hi, @Babychristian!

Your case caught me. I actually prayed before typing my response as the case you might be dealing with right now is really a case of demon possession which needs the power of God to deal with.

I think, based on what you have said, you are the best chance your father has to be reconciled with God. The next best option is someone who has deep spiritual relationship with God and is truly concerned about your father.

What I would advice you to do is this, just be there for him. Touch gives comfort; hold his hand and let him feel the warmth of your love. Always be in prayer. Sing to him of gospel hymns and read to him scriptures that brings hope. You do not need any special prayers, or mantra, or rituals. Your genuine love for him will be more than enough to reach his heart. The message of hope and forgiveness from your songs and the scriptures will reach his soul.

Not all Christian congregation may be equipped to deal with this kind of case, but any vibrant Christian community can help your case through intercessory prayer. I pray that this community might be of assistance to lead you to the help that you need.

7 Likes

I (and we) are praying for you. I trust the steps everyone has given will be very helpful. I also want to emphasize that you apply all that has been stated especially reading the scriptures to your father and singing with grace in your heart to his hearing. God is in this with you and will surely grant you and your father victory. We love you :heart:

God loves you most :heart: :100:
Soli Deo gloria!
Shalom! :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

Hello @Babychristian I am so sorry to hear about the pain that your father is experiencing. I, along with others in this community, am praying for your wisdom to know what the Lord is telling you to do and for your protection from evil.

I will relay a story my pastor told us about what happened when he was called to the home of a woman who was possessed. He, along with a few others, sang songs, played worship music and praised God for all of His attributes (You are faithful, You are all powerful, You are good, You are my deliverer, You are righteous, You are holy etc.,) It was not an easy battle, but the woman was set free! I encourage you to do the same. Praise God and thank Him out loud. Let your voice be heard. Put on worship music and invite His presence in that home.

Ask your father if he wants to accept Jesus’ forgiveness and His righteousness. You can command the demon(s), in Jesus’ name, to keep quiet and that only your father be allowed to speak and give an answer. Speak the gospel out loud to your father and verses that support the willingness of Jesus to grant him salvation.

Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures. (1 Corinthians 15. 3,4)

Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit. (1 Peter 3.18)

“Whoever calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.” Romans 10.13

The devil hates praise and he hates the gospel because he knows it seals his doom.

Please let us know how you are doing and how your father is doing. We are praying.

Mary Beth

8 Likes

Thank you so much for your caring, prayers and advice! I will be with him on Friday while my stepmother has surgery. Just me and my Dad, so if he gets really mad, I will be the only one he can hurt.
I can withstand that because I know that I’m really not alone.
Now, because of everyone’s advice, I have instructions on how to go forward. I will have a captive audience because he can’t get up from his chair. I’m going to make sure guns are out of his reach! That should tell you a little bit about him and his past! As far as I know, I’m the only one that loves him. I’m his last family member that is still living. I know my stepmother has a love/hate relationship with him, but I think she is still with him out of fear. She feels if she left him now that he would burn their little trailer house and shoot his self. She is only 6 years older than me and has been under his control since she was 20 years old and already had 3 sons. I could not hardly believe the things he did to her and the things that he made her (& another woman he had) do to make money​:rage:. FYI, I helped her escape and I truly thought he was going to make me take her place. Do you think GOD was protecting me :slightly_smiling_face:!!! It’s so bad now that when her sons come to visit their Mother they will not even come in the house to avoid him. He can be so evil. But, I have also witnessed him being so kind and generous to complete strangers.
I can remember my grandmother taking me to visit him in prison when I was about 4 years old and I would always cry because I couldn’t hug him and he couldn’t come home with us and I couldn’t understand why.
I will follow advice, and I will not give up on him until one of us is dead.
He can’t read anymore and can barely hear. The TV volume is always at a 100 percent & watching the Jerry springer show🥴? I can’t handle the volume and can’t watch the show.
I will be kind, loving and gentle as I talk with him, hopefully the HOLY SPIRIT will put the correct words in my mouth that will be understood & helpful to my Dad. I know JESUS can change his heart if Daddy will let him. For some reason he doesn’t think he can be forgiven of all his sins and when he goes to hell he will turn into vapor and just cease to exist? He seems to think that he can handle that since he came out of prison twice alive.
I feel like I’m going to have to have the HOLY SPIRIT take charge of my mind and mouth for a good conversation and prayer :pray:!
I’m not sure if this reply will be seen by all that responded to my post? I thank everyone so much for your advice and prayers!:heartpulse::blush:

8 Likes

@Babychristian. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I affirm all of the previous posts.

@Lakshmismehta has provided such important and powerful scriptures that reflect the power and willingness of our Lord to forgive, to redeem and to restore.

I join with you and all these brothers and sisters in praying for you and your father victory in this battle.

I think @DCGotiza puts his finger on the heart of the matter. Surround your father with love in all the ways you possibly can. And speak the word (scripture) and praises of the Lord,
reading the scriptures to your father and singing with grace in your heart in his hearing
[/quote] as @MaryBeth1 and @Bassey speak to.

I can think of no better ways to drive out darkness than to surround your dad with the Light of His Presence. Although your dad has done bad things in his life, our God has already redeemed him from every single one. The debt is already paid! All your dad need do is receive this gift from God. Our vile enemy fights to the death, but he is a liar!

Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world.

I encourage you to also read Ephesians 6:10-18. Put on the full armor of God. I praise God He has sent you, a beloved daughter, to fight for your dad. Know that He is with you in this fight. We are with you.

The Lord knows the man he created your dad to be. He died on the cross for him, even knowing the things your dad would do. I leave with one more scripture, Luke 23:39-42. Although the thief who hung beside Jesus was guilty of many crimes, when the thief believed in Him and trusted Him with the power to redeem, Jesus’ words were, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Praying for you dear sister. Courage and wisdom. May the love of God pour through your heart into your father and pluck him out of the fire.

K.C.

4 Likes

Just As I Am
Charlotte Elliott, 1835
copyright status is Public Domain

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Hath broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

5 Likes

I am so sorry about what is happening in your life but you have Jesus who is you and your Dad’s Saviour. I have found speaking out the following helpful. I would hold your Dad’s hand and ask him to get into agreement with you. God bless you!

4 Likes

Oh yes, I suggest speaking this twice a day. Beginning of the day and before you sleep.

1 Like

I recall that the Bloombergs in the 19th Century were praying for a a demom possessed lady for many years. When nothing worked, they finally realized “Jesus Christ is Victor” and the demon had to leave. Praying 4 you.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear that you and your family are struggling with this situation. I will keep all of you in prayer.

I remember the scripture where Jesus casted out a demon from a dumb boy. Jesus said, these things do not come out except we pray and fast.

I would encourage you to pray and fast for the situation.
I will also remember to pray and fast for you as well my sister.

4 Likes

Hello @Babychristian Just checking in with you to see how you are doing today. You are in our thoughts and prayers. :heart:

4 Likes

Hello Tina,

My goodness, your post isn’t something seen on Connect everyday, praise be to God. Here are some ideas and thoughts for you.

Some brief background; I teach in prisons and had no clue how prevalent possession is until I heard dozens of demonic testimonies there. I’m friends with an ex NFL player, David Tyree of the NY Giants who gives a detailed account of his own demonic possession in his book “It’s Not About the Catch”. I could go on for paragraphs but bottom line I believe your post. The battle between Good and evil still rages on, in us and around us.

To your post; First, notice the question you asked your father about bringing another believer to the house to talk about the Bible and his situation. Your father did not say “no”. Good is still in him and you must help it win.

Suggestions: Don’t ask one believer to come to your home, ask an Army of them, there are more than you know, so many it may shock you. Talk with clergy near you and ask them to formulate a plan. I would open bibles in your father’s room and place crosses all around. I would read the Lord’s Prayer and Nicene Creed over and over. And know that success will most likely take many, many days but like the thief on the cross, you father’s last words may set him free.

Here is scripture for encouragement:

• Matthew 10 And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.

• Acts 19: 11 And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.

• Mark 9:38 John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name…

God gives you great authority so be courageous (Matthew 17:20) and stand with courageous believers in front of your father. My prayers are with you and for your father’s freedom.

Paul

4 Likes

I think it is important to remember that when we minister, we do so not in our power, but in God’s power. After all, we are not building our kingdom but we are working in God’s kingdom. And so our confidence is not in ourselves but in God. So I would encourage you to depend on God in prayer.

Proverbs 3:5-6 read:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Second, while the Bible clearly teaches in the reality of a cosmic, personal, supernatural reality that is evil and opposed to God’s plan, we are not taught to fear this power. (May I also add that it is hard for me to make sense of some of the most wicked actions we read about in the news by reference only to natural processes such as a bad childhood, mental illness, etc.)

1 Peter 5 teaches:

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

Alertness and wisdom are the appropriate state of mind. Not fear. Rather, we ground ourselves in our faith in Jesus. Even as we may suffer, we know that God is the ultimate sovereign. He is the final authority and his purposes will prevail.

Third, I recommend that you involve mature, seasoned, wise believers in this process. Often in Western countries we have a very individualistic mindset. But the ethos of the entire Bible is about God joining us together as his people, united in Christ. There will be a diversity of gifting, a wisdom in more perspectives, and a demonstration of love simply by the presence of Christians brothers and sisters joining you in these visits.

Fourth, it is very clear that Jesus did not use any rituals or spells or ‘magic’ in his exorcisms. There is no special power to certain statements or songs or particular prayers. There are no ‘magic words’ we can say in a certain way to gain supernatural power. All of that is more of “a magical approach” to life. That isn’t the Christian approach! We have a better answer than reciting ‘spells’: our faith in Jesus.

Rather, we read in Matthew 12:28 that Jesus said, "But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.” If Jesus relied on the Spirit, then surely for us, any exorcism will take place by God’s Spirit, not by our religious activity.

Finally, I encourage you to keep your focus on God and the good news that Jesus has defeated sin, death, evil, and Satan. The primary goal is worship and faithfulness before God. There may be prayer to God for your father’s spiritual deliverance from evil and even demons, but do you see how the focus is on your relationship with a loving Heavenly Father?

I hope this offers you some encouragement. We’re praying for you and your dad.

12 Likes

Our prayers are with you. God is with you. Fear not, only be bold and courageous. Pray on. It us God who will do wonders. I believe God for your dad’s salvation. Still praying for you. Remain blessed.

1 Like

Thank you :pray: Thank you!!! I’m thankful for you sharing your wisdom with me. This is exactly what I feel in my heart. I didn’t know how to put it into words! God bless you!

1 Like

This has to be God’s perfect timing! Thank you for your prison ministry work! So many people think that all prisoners should just die and burn in hell. My brother did die (cancer) in prison 11/1/2016. He was there for 22 years. I believe because of Mr Coffee’s ministry for the prison that helped my brother. Not only was my brother saved, he ministered to many other inmates that turned their life’s over to the Lord. Mr Coffee even presided over his grave side funeral. We received so many letters from inmates letting us know how my brother had helped them because not only did he teach but they could see how he conducted his self. When we would visit him, as inmates walked past, they would put their hand on his shoulder and say “this is the real deal. He don’t play”. I had only seen my brother cry 1 time when he was 18 years old and that changed my life in a positive way! Long story…
When he was in prison, almost every visit, his eyes would well up with tears when we spoke of the Lord and how HE was working in people’s lives. While as he believed he was still demon possessed, he told me of his experience when, literally, the devil was pulling him on 1side and Christ was pulling on the other side! Of course Christ won!! His life was forever changed. He shared that experience with few people, including Mr Coffee, because only a few men were able to comprehend and believe that he was telling the truth. Now I can share his experience with you :slightly_smiling_face:.
I’m sorry I didn’t really repeat the exact words my dad said. He would kill anyone that I would bring to his house to talk about the Bible! If you knew my dad, you would know that he meant what he said. In his mind he has nothing to lose, since he is going to hell anyway?
Therefore, I believe it’s up to me to try again. When I was about 14 years old my dad had to take me to the ER because I had a migraine headache. I was talking to him about God and he went off on me with so much evil and disbelief. As a child, I could not answer all the questions he asked. We never spoke about God again and I strayed from Christ for a long time. Hence the username BabyChristian.
Thank you so much for your prayers!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your prayers! I must admit that I am very scared because I know anything can happen. As I have told others that condemned me for picking up a old man that was hitching a ride. (He had just been released from hospital after 4 days because he was so sick, losing blood). That if something was to happen to me, I was following my heart and trying to help someone. This was a stranger. Should I not do the same for my dad, regardless of the consequences?
Tomorrow morning is my window of opportunity and I’m going for it, knowing CHRIST is always with me :slightly_smiling_face:!
Thank you so much for caring. I really don’t have access to anyone else I can talk to about a lot of things. I’m from a small town and we have a new preacher at Church. Because of the new virus I haven’t really seen him that often. I don’t really know him.
Thank everyone for caring :pray::pray:!
Tina

3 Likes