Resources for Studying Women In Ministry

(SeanO) #1

I just want to provide some links / resources for those interested in this topic.

Feel free to provide a list of your favorite resources on this topic from whatever perspective you may have…

Here is a book with perspective and counterperspective that I have not read - but Keener is in it, so I expect it is good:

Two Views on Women in Ministry (Counterpoints: Bible and Theology) - Beck, Gundry, Keener…

These I have read and really like:

God’s Word to Women: Katherine C. Bushnell
Paul, Women, and Wives: Marriage and Women’s Ministry in the Letters of Paul by Craig Keener
Discovering Biblical Equality: Complementarity Without Hierarchy by Ronald Pierce

A good video by N. T. Wright explaining his position:

Some articles:

http://enrichmentjournal.ag.org/200102/082_paul.cfm

Women and Church Leadership
Can a woman be a Pastor or a preacher?
Leviticus 12: Why would women be unclean for 7 days after giving birth to a boy, and two weeks after giving birth to a girl?
Almost 30 and Single
(Jennifer Girard) #2

IMG_7585
Available in English and French.
It’s a comprehensive look at key passages, but sometimes his arguments seem a liitle stretched. Interesting that he allows personal experience and examples to inform his point of view.

(SeanO) #3

@Jennie Wow, took me a while to get to this… I’ve never read the book but it looks interesting. How did you come across the book? What were some useful ideas you found in it?

(SeanO) #4

Just wanted to link to a great reply from Mike Day since this post is linked from other threads. He has a good summary of the core discussion points.