Resources: S2 E1 "Author Interview with Sam Allberry"

Hey @Interested_In_Cover_to_Cover , welcome to Season 2! @Sam_Allberry’s author interview just dropped, so it’s time to dive in. :slight_smile: As usual, we will post here each week with any references or extra resources we might have mentioned during the podcast.

7 Myths About Singleness is a very different type of book than Saving Truth was, and so the conversations we have are pretty different as well. This is practical, personal, challenging stuff. There may be weeks with very few external references; if that’s the case, @Shawn_Hart and I will still get on here to say hello and highlight a couple of the key questions that we talked about that week so we can keep the conversation!

As always, we are so eager to hear your thoughts, questions, and reflections as we go through each week’s chapter. May God show us gracious favor as we seek to love and serve Him well with our whole hearts, souls, minds, and bodies. Let’s see what one thing He has in store for each of us today!

S2 E1: Author Interview with Sam Allberry

The Cross from a Distance: Atonement in Mark’s Gospel (New Studies in Biblical Theology Book 18), Peter Bolt

The Cross of Christ, John Stott

Knowing God J.I. Packard

Pilgrim’s Progress, John Bunyan

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/131/131-h/131-h.htm

Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life, Anne Lamott

7 Likes

This was a great start, and I’m eager to get into the book itself. I want to see where I can do better in encouraging my brothers and sisters who are single. I tend to think of them like the special forces of the Church militant, able to have extraordinary focus on advancing the kingdom that is unavailable to those who, like me, are married. At least, that’s my impression from the tail end of 1Cor 7.

Also, thanks for the recommendation on the New Studies in Biblical Theology book series.

2 Likes

Hello Ivy,

When I heard Vince speak of a new podcast entiltled “Cover to Cover” a few months ago, I could not wait for it to commence. However, this is the first time I have visited the connect conversation for “Cover to Cover”.

Please allow me to give you a shout :mega: out for presenting all the books :books: Sam mentioned in such convenient formate. Kudos to you!!

I enjoyed Abdu’s book and the synopsis of chapters on the podcast and am equally anticipating Sam’s as well. When you interview the author before presenting the book, I feel it gives the listening audience a personal connection to the book and the author. That idea :thought_balloon: was sheer genius.

4 Likes