Resources: S3 E15 - " Jesus Among Secular Gods" - Chapter 8 Pt. 2

Hey @Interested_In_Cover_to_Cover,
We have reached the end of the book, Jesus Among Secular Gods by @Vince_Vitale and Ravi Zacharias. There are no resources for this week so I am writing a small reflection and some information about what is next.

Ravi and Vince
This year has been a bit of a roller coaster ride for all of us and that has definitely been true of our recording experience for this season. We are sad that we were never able to get time with Ravi to discuss this book. Actually, we are just sad that we will not get any more time with Ravi in general. We really miss him! Ravi was one of the funniest people I have ever known and he loved to joke around. I think this was one of the biggest highlights for the staff during our annual Christmas breakfast where we could all relax and enjoy the company of each other. This is where I really got to know Ravi’s humor as he would interject witty remarks throughout our secret santa gift exchange.

The good news about this book is we will still get to do an author interview with our dear friend, Vince Vitale. We will be asking Vince about what it was like to write with Ravi along with many of the other common questions we ask during author interviews. Believe it or not, we still have not recorded the interview with Vince. We will be a week late with airing this interview due to scheduling challenges. So be on the look out for it on September 4th.

Did you know that Ravi and Vince have another book coming out? It is called, Jesus for You: The One Who Meets Your Every Need
https://rzim.christianbook.com/jesus-who-meets-your-every-need/ravi-zacharias/9780785230052/pd/5230052?event=TCG|1001528
You can pre-order now so go check it out!

Season 4
On season 4 of Cover to Cover we will be going through the book, Faith that Lasts: A Father and Son on Cultivating Lifelong Belief by Stuart McAllister and Cameron McAllister
https://rzim.christianbook.com/faith-lasts-father-cultivating-lifelong-belief/cameron-mcallister/9780830848140/pd/848141?event=ESRCG

If you didn’t catch their Father’s Day discussion then you can check it out here:

The book does not release until the end of January so you will want to be sure to pre-order it in order to start with us right around that time. We will launch the author interview prior to the book release (mid-January) and then the first episode shortly after the release date. We want to make sure you have time to receive your copy of the book and start reading in tandem with the podcast. We are really excited to dig into this!

What about September - January?
You might be thinking that this is a long break for us on the podcast. Yes, it is more time between books than we would like, however we will be working on getting more reading room episodes posted during this time and we have some other creative ideas we are working on so you should still be hearing from us during these months. So stay tuned, make sure you subscribe to the podcast, and check back with us in the coming weeks.

Also, if you have enjoyed this podcast then you can help us by telling people about it or by writing a good review wherever you listen.

There is a lot you can do with your time so we don’t take it for granted that you choose to spend an hour of your week with us as we venture through great books together. Thank you for making the investment. Ivy and I continually pray for you and ask God to use what we do to enrich your lives. We hope and trust that God is answering our prayers.

God bless you all,
Shawn

6 Likes