Returning to the Lord testimonial

I was 13 years old when I came to the Lord at a local church. Slowly I fell away from the faith. I was afraid of the questions that troubled me and even more afraid to present them to anyone. So I kept them to myself and eventually let my own selfish desire lead me. When I would reach a particular goal it would feel great just for a while then the emptiness would creep back in and I would pursue something else. And from what I can remember it was a never ending cycle of temporary gratification and inevitable emptiness. This continued for several years. Every time I would be asked to come to church i would come up with any excuses I could to not go. If I even heard the name of Jesus it would cut me to the bone and I would immediately turn away. I ignored this to the point to were it almost didn’t bother me anymore. It was always in the back of my mind that I wasn’t doing what I was meant to do, that I was heading in a direction that didn’t have a pleasant end. I had made it to a point to where I was so overwhelmed by anxiety and depression that thoughts of ending it all were beginning to make there way into my mind. I would see how wonderful peoples lives seems on social media and as hard as I tried to get mine together it kept falling apart. My relationship with my wife was coming apart, as was my relationship with my children, my finances, all of it. I was grinding through each day just a miserable, meaningless mess. I tried drugs amongs many other things to try and block out the pain and depression. I tried different religions, practices, and even music (all the wrong music) to try and find something that could pull me out of this mess and it all seemed wrong or lacking something.
I am a heavy equipment mechanic at a plywood mill. It’s a very physically and mentally demanding job along with being a very dirty job. I had began to notice an older gentleman I work with and how he carried himself. I had seen this man covered from head to toe in grease and saw dust, looking as though he had been tarred and feathered, yelled at for what ever reason and remained so calm, peaceful, and polite. It was time and time again I would see this man in situations that would send me over the edge, handle himself as if it wasn’t a big deal at all. I had to know what was his secret. How could he deal with these things and not completely loose it or even complain at bit? So I began to ask about him and finally someone told me that he loved the Lord. They said he use to be a really rough guy but now it was his love for Jesus and his faith in God’s promises that hold him together. When I asked him, sure enough he said his secret was no secret at all, it was Jesus! As many times as I had been to church and been around self professing Christians, I had never met anyone like this. That’s when I began to make my way back to the Lord. I took all those questions I was afraid of for so long and began to look for HONEST answers. Honest because there are a lot of people out there who would give false answers simply because they don’t want something to be true. God made it clear to me, though people way smarter than I am who have taken the time to really dig in and genuinely research these issues, just how true His word is. When I finally realized that, God revealed to me exactly why I was in the situation I was in. It was rooted in my selfishness. Everything I did and every pursuit I took on, even though some of them were for other people, in my heart I was doing it for myself. Either to bring recognition to myself or for some other personal gain. When God made me recognize just how desperately wicked my heart was it broke me. I realized, even in the seemingly awfully circumstances I was in, just how much God has done for me through Jesus Christ. Not to mention the blessing I already had in my family. When I made the decision in my heart to be content with what God has already done for me and just simply trust Him for what I would need, I was free! It wasn’t a few weeks later that things in my life began to change drastically for the better. I made a commitment that God would receive praise from me every day regardless of my situation. Thank you to the people of RZIM (the people that are way smarter than me :grin:) for taking the time to answer difficult questions and bringing everything back to Jesus!

12 Likes

@Kyle Praise the Lord that you are back home in the arms of Christ brother :slight_smile: May you find peace and rest in His grace and love every day until you see Him face to face! Your testimony reminded of the need to simply rest and rejoice in the saving love of Christ through all of the ups and downs of life—as Paul exhorts the Philippians.

Philippians 4:4-7 -Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

5 Likes

Wow His amazing grace never ceases to amaze. Praise Him Kyle praise Him. Sure does have a familiar ring in your testimony for me. Your coworker it appears preached the Gospel always and only used words when needed. All testimonies are special and are faith builders for all including the testified. Keep asking. Seeking, knocking and the doors and windows of Heaven will be opened and His wisdom will flow. Rejoicing with you.
Mike

5 Likes

Thank you for telling your story. Let us all be reminded to be the example to someone just like you had in your life. Glad to share the remainder of our lifetime here with you. Others will read your testimony and be blessed. Thank you for taking the time. God-bless you and your journey to be what God had called you to be.

4 Likes

Brother, I absolutely loved reading your testimony. I’m proud of you man. There were many parallels between your life and mine. I experienced similar things as well so it was refreshing in a way to read your story. Really relatable, to many people. God Bless you brother!

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony! Praise God!!! This, to me, is a reminder of how critical it is to show the love of Christ to any and all onlookers!! We have the way, the truth, and the life residing within us, and we need to always let that show!! It doesn’t matter what our circumstances may be, day to day, it’s the hope we have in Christ that should propel us forward in the light to draw others to the truth!! May God bless you and keep you!!!
Your sister in Christ,
Dana

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Great testimony. I could feel the emotions you were going through when writing this. I could tell when you were really excited and when you were more somber. It is this kind of emotion that people need to see so they can follow in your footsteps.

5 Likes

What a remarkable testimony Kyle! This resonates a very similar likeness to my own.
I too have been living a totally transformed life, and have had my eyes opened to see everything in new profound ways and lights that I have never before. Looking hindsight, we can see Gods guiding hand through all our trials to bring us to the responding to our personal and unique calling that makes us know that it was just for us, between us and God alone! A personal relationship established!
Thanks for sharing, your brother in Christ, Joe

5 Likes

God bless the man who witnessed to you simply through his example. That is to me one of the wonders of it all, that it is simply love that draws us to God, however we manage to see it, be it through a parent, a neighbor, or a stranger, even His word. And that exactly what we are all to convey to those around us. We are to be examples of His love. Praise God Kyle for your transformation and blessings in your new life! Praise God you will never be the same. :blush:

3 Likes