Reza Sheriff

Hello

Where are you from? Kansas but originally Guyana SA

What led you to join Connect? Listened to the podcast

How do you hope to contribute?one a month

7 Likes

Hi @reza5308 welcome! So thankful you popped in to introduce yourself. I pray you will stay around here, dig into the various topics and engage. We need thoughts and insight from all walks of life.

2 Likes

Hello Reza. I am curious, what has been the most striking difference you have noticed between the church here and Guyana? I believe it is good for us to understand the church world wide.

3 Likes

Well, I was young so never really noticed until I was older and in the states. But, within my large family it is primarily an Islamic culture which unfortunately means we don’t see eye to eye. It is a British influenced culture, which has a catholic school system that most go through, while still practicing Islam, odd but true.

2 Likes

Please excuse my shock. How does that work?

1 Like

Simply put there just wasn’t a lot Islam schools back then but they still needed their kids to be educated so you work with what you have.

2 Likes

@reza5308
Hi Reza! Wow, so very interesting about the education/culture/religion piece!

and welcome to Connect! So glad you’ve joined us :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @reza5308. Glad you popped in. I hope you contribute frequently. I hope you are blessed by your participation. God-bless you and your journey

1 Like