Rich Chatfield

Greetings to all my family in Christ.

I currently live in Southern CA. happily Married for 33 years with two daughters, one son-n-law and two grandsons.

I am an alumni of the RZIM Academy and have completed the Core module and I am just about to finish my 2nd course “Faith Seeking understanding” and I just started my 3rd course “What it means to be human”.

I am here to both learn and to share my faith and knowledge where I feel God is leading me to do so. I am a graduate of the School of Ministry which is a 2 year program to learn about being a servant leader. I have studied God’s word since around 10 years old. Accepted Jesus as my Lord around age 14 and God has used me in various ways over the years to lead worship preach and teach and mentor others.

My life verses are Colossians 6&7
6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

I pray that I will be a blessing and will be blessed in taking part of the connect forum.

By Him and for Him and to Him,
God bless

5 Likes

Hello Rich, welcome to connect its good to have you here. [quote=“RichChatfield, post:1, topic:28683”]
My life verses are Colossians 6&7
6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness
[/quote]
in truth this is an awesome foundation for my whole life in Him.
Share as you can, post a question,and peruse the site at your leisure. Be filled with hope in Christ as you do.
Mike

3 Likes

Thank you Mike! :slight_smile:

God bless you brother.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that verse @RichChatfield it really spoke to me…in Him
Welcome to Connect. I look forward to learning from you.

1 Like

@brianlalor I am glad to hear this Brian :slight_smile: One of the things that really spoke to me about that verse was one day I asked myself the question… “How did I receive Christ Jesus as Lord?” Because that is how I am suppose to continue to live my life in Him… rooted and built up… and I remember that the way I received Christ as Lord was at the foot of the cross, when I understood the price Christ paid for me because of my own sins… I confessed my sins and I acknowledge his blood bought me and I was now his… So every morning as part of my devotion and prayer time, I start at the foot of the cross acknowledging His lordship over my life in both humility and gratefulness that He loved me enough to save me and I want to love Him back by living my life in way that honors him. That was how I received Him and that is how I continue to live my life in Him day by day :slight_smile:
thanks for welcoming me to Connect! God bless.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @RichChatfield. So glad to have you joining connect with your background in ministry as well as your life long commitment. Congratulations on completing the core module and one of the electives. I have loved the RZIM Academy. The foundations that are taught are so important, and we get to share here. We get to discuss and engage with people who have a bonafide interest in understanding and knowing truth. So your help is greatly appreciated. You are a blessing to this forum. God-bless you and your journey

3 Likes

Thank you Kel for the warm welcome. God bless you and looking forward to participating.

3 Likes

Welcome,
I am also taking Faith Seeking Understanding. It has been a pleasure reading your forum posts. They are full of helpful insights into the Word of God and also His nature. Thanks for being an inspiration. I know God will bless your journey of faith.

4 Likes

Hey Michele! :slight_smile:

God bless you and so glad to see you here as well. Are you new here to connect as well? If so, welcome aboard and also thank you for your words of encouragement. :+1: :pray:

2 Likes

@RichChatfield Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Welcome, Rich. Thank you for posting your info and verses. I know you will be a valued addition to our dicussions.

2 Likes

To @joncarp and @Jlee . Thank you both for welcoming me to Connect. God bless you both.

2 Likes