Riverstone

(Jennifer Thorstad) #1

Hello!
My name is Riverstone and I am from Vancouver, Wa.
I just joined! I find myself asking a lot of questions about scripture and Christian living that I hope to find help and encouragement for. Hopefully I can also help and encourage others too!

6 Likes
(Keldon Scott (Kel)) #2

@Riverstone welcome aboard! You came to the right place. Glad you have joined us. What would you say is your primary area of inquiry? I hope this app is a blessing to you. I predict that you will be a blessing to many. I look forward to reading your posts. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes
(Roger Courville) #3

Welcome, @Riverstone from just across the river…PDX!. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy to help anytime (and if locally, I go to Door of Hope in PDX).

Again, welcome!

-R

3 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #4

Welcome to Connect, Jennifer. :smiley: It is wonderful you have joined this online community. May you find a welcoming environment where we are all learning and studying together to become more like Christ. I especially love this though, as it strongly embodies our goals here on Connect,

3 Likes
(Sieglinde) #5

Hello @Riverstone welcome :heart: I trust you will find the answers and encouragement you are seeking. Have you taken the Core Module through RZIM? It was very helpful for me. I pulled out my notes yesterday for a refresher :slightly_smiling_face: Take care…

2 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #6

Hi Riverstone! @Riverstone
I see you also have Jennifer …just making sure we call you the right name.

Washington is beautiful!

Ever been to Holden Village in Chelan? Probably several hours from you… it’s a Christian retreat center.
So glad you found this community- I, too, often times have questions when reading scripture…I’m sure you’ll find peace in answers and conversations in the forums.
Be blessed :blush:

2 Likes
(Jennifer Thorstad) #7

Hi and thank you!
My primary area of interest is how to live as a Christian, and the difficulty of doing so in such a dark world.

2 Likes
(Josiah Alga) #8

Helloo welcome to RZIM I’m just new too but I can feel that I belong so don’t be afraid to ask questions and also share your thoughts.

2 Likes
(Keldon Scott (Kel)) #9

That is challenging. But, it is such a great conviction to follow and work out. This world is dark. RZIM itinerants often comment that the most empirically verifiable fact is the depravity of man - the darkness of this world. But, in our Christian journey Jesus has told us that “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16.33. As Christians despite the darkness we have a savior and hope. So glad you have come along side and seek that peace out with us all together.

2 Likes