Romans 8:11-12

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Keldon_Scott, @joyce_yung, @Joseph_Benny, @Lorraine_Allenbach, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, @Annie_Mae_Platter, @Michele_Schuman, @Sean_Oesch, @Dave_Kenny and whoever else wants to hop in,

My wife and I are hosting a marriage conference at our lodge this weekend so I have to fly, but I wanted to get these new verses off to you as a reminder that it’s time to move forward. Sometimes you’ll find some verses are easier to learn than others. What still helps me is, after I get the wording in my head, to recognize the flow of thought. But I cannot encourage us enough to learn these words in our heads and then we find that they migrate to our hearts!

Again, remember, you can do it. It is so much more valuable than learning the lines from the commercials we see and hear. These are not just true words, they are the Word of Truth. Your efforts are so valuable as these truths are eternal.

Romans 8:11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through his Spirit which dwells in you.
Romans 8:12 So then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. (ESV)

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
Romans 8:12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.(NIV)

(SeanO) #2

@Tim_Ramey I really like the hcsb translation “For you are not obligated to the flesh to live according to the flesh…” If “by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.” Reminds me of “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me” and “Shall we sin that grace may abound - God forbid!” and “if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation”.

Good stuff!

(joyce yung) #3

Thank you. Hope you guys have a great conference.
Thank you for serving

JY

(Lorraine Allenbach) #4

Hi tim,

I cannot continue with this memory group - as much as I would like to! I
am still working on other passages, and my life is currently a three-ringed
circus: moving, working, looking after elderly parents, doing
courses…!!! I am praying for you all to continue and flourish!! I do
believe, that now more than ever, we need to be digging our roots down
deeply to withstand the coming storms - and Scripture memory is certainly
part of that! I will see you and the rest of the group around on the
forums.
In His service,

Lorraine

(Tim Ramey) #5

Lorraine, we are so sorry to lose you on the memorization team but we also trust that you have to prioritize your life. Maybe you’d just want to read and meditate on the verses week by week, and in that manner, you don’t have the added stress to memorize the verses but can use them as a devotional aspect of your life. That way, you could somewhat be on board but not rowing! By all means, I’m not trying to disrespect your life choices but just thinking of an option where you are in the Word, concentrating on the same ones that we are but not memorizing them.

I personally appreciate your letting us know where you are in regards to memorizing Romans 8. Please pray for us when you think of this team. The Lord’s highest to you dear sister in Jesus!