Romans 8:13-14

romansmemory

(Tim Ramey) #1

@Keldon_Scott, @Joseph_Benny, @joyce_yung, @Aradhana_Priya_Mehta, @Annie_Mae_Platter, @Michele_Schuman, @Sean_Oesch, @Dave_Kenny and any others who want to join us,

I had attempted to post these verses and something happened so I had to go back to the starting line.

Speaking of starting lines, when I was a runner and competed in marathons, good intentioned people would holler at me, “Keep it up - you are almost half way there!” Their intended encouragement did the opposite as I considered how tired that I was and I still had more the half of the race left! I don’t endeavor to do the same thing here but the great cloud of witnesses are cheering us on to complete the race. We are almost halfway there in our memorization of Romans 8. Aren’t things beginning to gel!

I’ve been disconnected from Connect as much has been needed to be attended to here and this week I go to Denver for my paraplegia re-eval so it will be difficult to get the verses up next Saturday as I will be traveling, but I will do it.

Thanks again all. You have been troopers. Keldon, your reply to my question has really helped me focus into perspective what is true. Joyce, I so appreciate your honest remarks. And Sean, I’m beginning to wonder if you are omnipresent as you are everywhere on Connect! I didn’t intend to single anyone out but wanted to mention how inspirational this team has been to me.

Here are the two verses for the week. I so appreciate what Jesus has done for us so that we can live in the Spirit and He tells us what needs to be shoveled out of our lives!

Notice that besides the ESV and NIV, I have included the HCSB for Sean’s sake! Blessings to all of you!!

Romans 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Romans 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. (ESV)

Romans 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. (NIV)

Romans 8:13 for if you live according to the flesh, you are going to die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Romans 8:14 All those led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons.(HCSB)

(joyce yung) #2

Thank you Tim. I know I would not have even gotten this far in memorizing any Bible verses if it wasn’t for this group. There is always something that require my attention and memorizing Bible verses would have been the first thing to cut out from my daily to do list. It is that my brain is full of planning and solving problems and it seems I don’t have any extra brain cell to hold the verses if I were doing it on my own ( it is the flesh talking I suppose ).

Anyway. I am soldiering onto the 13-14.

Have a great trip.

JY

(Tim Ramey) #3

Joyce, this is what I mean when I mention how you make such refreshing, transparent remarks. I don’t feel that the war is completely with the flesh but much of it is life. We have to tend to our surroundings but I see where I have taken the time to memorize would have been wasted time in the past. Yes, I would agree that, with everything else going on, it’d be easy to cut memorization out but I find it is one of the most important things that I do. I find it so incredible that many of the chapters that I’ve memorized speak to each other. Keep up the good work, captain!